“Affordable and reliable chain”

Motel 6 Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #49 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I like Motel 6. I know their rates are cheap and they have decent rooms. The rooms had to be deodorized but I always carry a can of fabreeze with me. Other than that, is a good place to stay after long day driving.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were a bit hesitant to stay here after reading all of the negative reviews online. However, we needed a place to stay in Tallahassee one night after a football game. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is an older budget hotel. However, the staff was very nice and the room was fairly clean. We saw no bugs or evidence of bugs like so many reviewers had complained of, so they must've addressed that issue. The bed was comfortable. The whole place needs some paint, new carpet, and general upgrades. They do not have free internet or free breakfast as many budget hotels do these days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was in Tallahassee for 5 days so I was trying to save some money and stayed here. Ended up leaving after 3 nights and going to a nice hotel for the rest of my stay because I couldn't take it!

The room smelled like mildew and the bathroom was disgusting.

The hotel is infested with prostitutes and drug dealers. My first night I couldn't sleep because several prostitutes were fighting outside my room. I seriously thought bullets were going to start flying through my window. Then, when a random gay man was talking to me the next day as I walked to my car a drug dealer came from upstairs and asked me was the gay man trying to sell me drugs. I said no, then he told me he runs everything over there and nobody can take his territory like that. I wish I was joking!! I could go on and on about the craziness I experienced while there but you get the picture.

If you have to stay at a low-priced motel in this area there is an Econo Lodge down the street and it seems quieter. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I seriously feared for my life, which is why I had to suck it up and go spend a lot more money for my last 2 nights just to feel safe and clean. Oh, and slept in sweats because I didn't want to touch the sheets.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've stayed at this motel before, so knew what I was getting into. It was on my way to somewhere else and for the price - $38.46, with a 10 percent promotional discount - it was fine for the amount of time I spent there. I know that this Motel 6 was "refreshed" several years ago; unfortunately, they haven't kept it up very well. However, it was clean, which is probably the most important factor, and its location is convenient to restaurants and shopping. I was given a poolside room, which was very quiet.

Like any Motel 6, the rooms are spartan and, no, there are no little shampoos, microwaves, refrigerators or coffee makers, and you could read a newspaper through the towels, but at this price I don't think you should expect a whole lot. The front desk people were friendly and on check out I was asked about my stay. I was truthful with the desk clerk that the place does need some refurbishment but I don't think it would deter me from staying there again. As another reviewer wrote, "it served the purpose," so I would rate it average for the price.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pbcguy00
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed here while visiting for the Tallahassee Marathon and our non smoking room smelled like smoke. We had what can only be described as thugs outside our room ALL NIGHT screaming about bashing each others heads in (wish I was kidding) and I got little sleep before my race. This place seems like the hot spot for drug deals and prostitution in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

There is really nothng nice about this hotel. It is a bed and a TV, shower. Not even a table or chairs, hair dryer, extra towels, fridge, or microwave.. I did not see any roaches or an type of bugs at all. It is an old hotel and the bathroom was in rough shape. It served the purpose for the weekend. I did sleep very well in the beds to my surprise. Don't expect swan rolled towels or mints on your pillow, you will not find it here. Internet is $2.99 a day. You can not pick it up from anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The staff was mostly friendly and this is a nice location, very central. I stayed here because it was the only place under $100/night still available. It was not worth the $85/night rate. The comforter had cigarette burns despite being a non-smoking room. The room had a bad smell, maybe musty, maybe smokey. It was pretty dull. It was mostly clean but showing signs of age. The beds were very low and there were some basic TV channels. Since it was Motel 6, it doesn't have the amenities of other places in the area - internet costs extra and no breakfast. This is mostly just a bed and a bathroom. There was a little pool. There was no table w/chairs in the double room. We were told there is in the single room. Considering it was a game weekend, I would pay $50/night max and much less at other times. I probably will not go back to this motel. I think they are better values in the area.

Room Tip: Something by the pool might be nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family