“No Handicap facilities”

Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North
Ranked #52 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The personal were very helpful but the the rooms while clean are very run down there are no handicap rooms and my mother who is 87 had to be help off of the toilet because it was so low. The power outlet next to the bed was damage the the bottom out let was unusable and the whole outlet had heat damage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Theron L

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I were traveling from Naples, FL to Pensacola, FL. Having a late start, we made reservations at the Super 8 in Lake City, always a good choice. Because we would arrive in Lake City while there was still daylight, we decided to press on to Tallahassee. I canceled the first reservation and made a second at the Super 8 in Tallahassee. The agent told me the price would be just $37.43, which I thought was some kind of Black Friday offer, given the competition in the area with all the Thanksgiving traffic. (Our Lake City room would have cost about $76.00 with taxes.) Cell phone connection was poor, so I just went ahead and made the reservation, having been advised that it would be too late to cancel should we change our minds.

The motel looked fine from the road, with a Spanish-style façade, and the receptionist was friendly. At first glance, our second floor room looked spacious and inviting. Than things began to unravel. Kneeling on the floor to put food in the tiny fridge, I noticed that the floor appeared not to have been vacuumed in weeks. I warned my husband to keep his shoes on. The shelf in the bathroom (toilet and tub only) was down, and the towels were placed on the back of the toilet. There was scum in the bottom of the sink (in a separate area). I tried not to look as I brushed my teeth. The bedside lamps didn't work, and the glass table/lamp stand had not been dusted in a while because I could have written my name in the dust. The ultra thin soap bars must have been very old because they crumbled like cookies as soon as they were unwrapped. The desk chair was covered in filthy upholstery, so we didn't use it. A small roach walked across the desk. One of the beds wobbled on its foundation when I sat on its edge (I'm not over-weight.) Finding ice became a real adventure for my husband who found the ice machines rusted and abandoned. He took the ice bucket, without a liner, to the receptionist who went to one of the machines, inserted her finger inside the device and pressed a button to get ice. There were no liners in the waste baskets, and there was no tissue in the holder.

If all of the above were not enough, at about 2:00 a.m., a man with pounded on our door, scaring me to death. I asked "what is it?' He replied, "Front desk." I asked again, "What's the matter?" and he apparently left. The door was accessible to anyone from the outside who wanted to climb the stairs to the second floor. When we inquired at the desk in the morning, the new receptionist had no idea what had happened.

How can the Super 8 chain allow this to go on? We had the feeling that the franchise owner was milking the facility for everything he could and would wear it into the ground, before abandoning it. Were all the rooms like ours, or was ours the only one that went for $37.43 because of its horrible condition? The place needs to be closed down. It's giving all Super 8s a nasty reputation. Shame on the owner.

1  Thank DrPatty2013
Reviewed November 30, 2013

THE worst hotel I have ever stayed in. My family and I travel a lot since our arrival in the US and we usually stay at similar hotels, Baymont Inn, Red Roof etc. with no cause for complaint. But I feel compelled to write a review so others do not suffer the same experience. We booked a. Non-smoking room and when we arrived, the guy at the front desk sighed, picked up a can of "odor eater" and disappeared. 2 minutes later our room was ready! Mold on the ceiling and all over the cupboard. 1 towel provided, a packet of coffee but no coffee machine, roaches everywhere, damp and dark. We had an adjoining room, the door hidden behind the cupboard, and the neighbors decided to party until 6am. You could actually see the smoke pouring from underneath the door into our room, such is when notices the smoke alarms did not work. All of our clothes and bags stank of smoke for the rest of the trip. The most unhelpful front desk, there were no other rooms available, and they did not want to speak to us. Please do not stay here, the skip on the corner would be more comfortable.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Hi don't book here it need totally renovating, the carpets are horrible the rooms smell. The location is ok for I 10. But I would never stay at a Super 8 again this one was awful, glad we only stayed one night. That was more then enough. Good elsewhere until the company decide to renovate. Again another company who have been racking in the coin for years but not bothered putting anything back. Poor member of staff was on at night 11pm then back on in the morning. Yeap avoid if you can.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, if you can avoid it do so.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple