“Great, clean hotel with fantastic customer service!”

Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North
Ranked #52 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have season tickets to FSU games and have stayed all over Tallahasse but we are making this Super 8 our top place to stay!! We've stayed twice now and at check-in this time the staff remembered us and warmly welcomed us back. The rooms are quiet and very clean. The bathrooms are updated and roomy. The location is close to plenty of places to eat and easy to get to from I-10. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012
Roger B, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear FSUAli

I am delighted that you found our Super 8 to be SUPER!

I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you next season.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I traveled alone with my small dog. I felt safe staying at this motel. I've stayed here several times. Each time the staff has been cordial and willing to accommodate me -- especially my request to have a room up front.
There are many other motels -- down the block and across the street -- but at the Super8, I'm secure. Several staff live there -- and there is 24/7 front desk -- as well as night security.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

PHYLLIS G

Thank you for the kind comments about our Super 8. Positive comments such as yours keep the staff motivated to provide curtious and attentative service.

Thank you for your patronage and return soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a nice little hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were well kept. Our room was large and clean. The prices were fair. The internet was free and fairly fast. Breakfast was free and good. This place will be on the top of our list the next time we go to Tallahassee.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Roger B, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your time and giving us feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to see that the recent improvements to our facility and staff have not gone unnoticed.

We have tried in the past month to improve all aspects of the guest experience.

Again, Thank you for your time and your kind words. Please stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let me sum it up quickly..........I would not stay there again. Too many reasons why but two of the most important, cleanliness of the room and the paper thin walls.

To the manager....a simple replacement of the shower faucets would be in order. It's a simple fix that can make a world of difference. Who wants to touch old rusty knobs? Also tell whoever is making the beds to smooth out the sheets. It shouldn't look like it's been slept in the night before.

Only stayed there cause I got last minute FSU tickets and it was the only property available. I can see why!!! Thank goodness the Noles won otherwise it would've been a terrible weekend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear 10isguy

Thank you for your honost feedback. while your comments were not pleasant to read they were honest and enlightning.

We are taking steps to correct the neglect that the hotel has suffered in recent times and doing preventative and corrective maintenance on all the rooms to bring them back to an acceptable level.

Mishandling of the laundry has been addressed and proper linnen handling is being enforced so that the sheets will be smooth and crisp.

In spite of your poor impression of our facility I would like for you to return to see the improvements that are being made. I am confident that you will have a pleasant experience when you return.

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The building looks great, staff is friendly, we got a double bed for a cheap price. The rooms show every bit their age.

There are absolutely no additional electrical outlets for charging mobile devices. We had to use the bathroom outlet and the already crowded outlet behind the TV.

The doors tend to stick; you have to give them a hard push to open. I initially thought our room keys were inactive.

Wi-Fi was working fine without any problems.

Plenty of fast food restaurants down the street.

Overall, it was a cheap and relatively clean place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Jason S, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the staff and the current condition of the property. We have made many changes here at the Tallahassee Super 8 this past month I am thrilled to see that the community is taking notice.
I understand the challenges with electrical devices in the guestrooms. I am currently addressing this to make is more convenient for our guests. I have had all guestrooms doors adjusted as they are solid hardwood and had swollen in the Florida humidity.
Again I'd like to thank you for your time and for sharing your experience.