“They are right...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Pecatonica, Illinois
“They are right...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

All the good reviews you are reading, I could not agree more.
Sabrina checked us in with efficiency and cheery demeanor. There were 2 elevators and one was always there for you. The room was spotless. There were outlets on the bedside lamps to charge our phones. The wifi was fast and glitch free. The beds are why I love Marriotts. They are so comfortable. The blanket was double sheeted and the pillows were fluffy. There was a nice work area with sufficient outlets. The office chair and the easy chair both fit their purpose well. The pool was clean and pleasant and the workout room well equipped with TVs for each of the 3 pieces.
Down side: The breakfast was a little underwhelming and there was no hot tub in the pool room.
I give it a 5 because they do everything I need, and do it well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Opened 12/2011 and still sparkling new. This is probably the best Fairfield Inn! Room was large and spotless with two queen beds. Bathroom was large and well appointed. Beds were outstanding with 5 pillows each. Breakfast (included) was fresh and delicious. Ample free parking and free wifi/internet. Desk staff very helpful and pleasant. Upon my return to Talahassee, I will surely stay here again. We have a student at FSU and have tried many hotels in Tallahassee, and this one ranks very high on the list! Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'll be honest, I didn't really expect much from this hotel, but it was new, clean, and had free breakfast. The room was pretty quiet and the beds were comfortable. Will definitely stay here again on the next trip to Tallahassee.

1 Thank TravelByLisa
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've tried a number of hotels in Tallahassee as our daughter attends school at Florida State. This is one we liked a lot -- not too far from campus and an easy commute west on Apalachee. The hotel is new, rooms nice, beds comfortable, maid service great and we liked the common living area. We even watched a football game there.

We will likely stay here again. Staff was very friendly.

Three complaints, however:
1. Pool had very cold water -- other guests complained of this, too.
2. Pool had no clock. This would be an easy fix.
3. It is hard to turn left/west out of parking.

Breakfast isn't as nice as Holiday Inn Express, but they did have egg/bacon sandwiches that you could microwave.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel and I needed to share my experience. My daughter is currently a student at FSU so I have been traveling to Tallahassee very often. My first visit I was very pleased but on my second visit I had to take the time to post a comment. I arrived to Fairfield Inn at 10am driving 8 hours. I explained to the staff that I knew I was very early as check in was at 4pm, could they try and accommodate me with an early check in. They said "of course we will". I was then offered continental breakfast and at 12 pm, they gave me a hotel room! 4 hours early and I had eaten...how many hotels would have done that? Fairfield Inn Centrsl sure did! I slept for the reminder of the afternoon and felt refreshed and rested. I stayed in a guest suite - 2 queen beds and a sofa area with an additional television. The room are modern, comfortable and a great use of space with also includes a microwave and refrigerator. This is my NEW place away from home. I use to be a Hilton rewards member but I am so happy with the Marriott chains of hotels.

Room Tip: I am now a happy Marriott rewards member, so I go through their website to gain points, search for d...
1 Thank annmich04
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here at December 31st, and arrived around 10PM. It's a strange time to arrive I think for any hotel, but our welcome was warm and helpful. We opted for the suite (which only costed 10$ extra), in return you get a separate seating area with (extra) tv, sofa, comfy chair, table and desk. Perfect for a late night snack/diner. The hotel was only built in 2011 and it shows. Everything still looks brand new, and the interior has a nice, refreshing, modern overall look. I'm not convinced though this hotel will "age well" as the materials used don't seem to be top quality. But, that's nitpicking, for now: no complains there.

As the room looks like it's was finished yesterday it almost automatically feels like it's clean. However, although it was certainly not dirty, after closer inspection, it wasn't spotless either. Especially the (I'd guess) less commonly used furniture, like the extra table in the sitting area of the suite, could have used an extra cleaning. We noticed this as we wiped the table, preparing for it to be used as our "late night dining table".

The breakfast the following day (January 1st, obviously a weird day as well), wasn't much to talk about. Almost no fruit, or other healthy options, and nothing warm (unless you count the terrible looking bacon and egg-ready to be microwaved sandwiches).

Don't get me wrong, we were happy to be there, and I can easily imagine above mentioned details would have been better if we arrived on any other day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Coming back from visiting friends and selected Fairfield Inn to stay the night. Reviews were right on point. The hotel was exceptionally clean, excellent customer service, and very comfortable accommodations. The room ( double queen) was spacious and even had a fridge and microwave. Great for traveling families. The beds, linens and pillows were all very nice, making for a wonderful night's sleep.
The complimentary breakfast was AMAZING! Kids made fresh waffles, and coffee was delicious! Selection included: hard boiled eggs, cereals, muffins, bagels/toast, sausage biscuits and yogurt and fruit! ALL FREE!
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay in Tallahassee. Great value for everything they offer!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family