“Good stay but 1 PROBLEM!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Moultrie, Georgia
“Good stay but 1 PROBLEM!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in suite 212 July 13th-15th. This is a nice property overall. Clean, modern, affordable and in a great location on the parkway. However when I booked this weekend stay for myself and my wife no where did i read in my reservation details what I would be told when we checked in. After a nice evening in Tallahassee we were ready to relax and spend quiet time alone and we both assumed that with this being a Marriott property that check in would be quick and uneventful. The first thing the clerk told me after I gave her my name for my reservation was that I would need to provide a credit card for an approximately $270 authorization as a damage deposit. I was prepared to pay cash and go to our room but this took me by such a surprise because it was stated no where in my reservation details. Please keep in mind that I have stayed at PLENTY of resorts, timeshares and hotels in Florida and I have NEVER heard of any kind of damage deposit that surpasses the cost of your room. The total for my stay w/ tax was only $223 (which I paid with cash). She added insult to injury when she sounded as if I was just to somehow know that this is how the Marriott brand operates. Once that was over this was a nice stay other than the pillows that didn't seem to have support. Mattress was comfy. We had two 32" tvs in the suite and the desk chair was very supportive of my back (I am just getting over discs problems) when I sat in it for extended periods of time. Room was very clean and smelled great! Wifi was kind of slow on my iPad at times. Overall it was a good stay and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank savedgasman27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by the front desk clerk and within five minutes of entering our room he called to make sure everything met our criteria. When was the last time that happened at a hotel? The room was clean and smelled fresh. They offered change if you needed it for laundry and offered to recommend good places to eat in the area. The pool was indoors and adjacent to the fitness area. Overall this hotel experience was first rate. The hotel is modern, clean, the beds were comfy, and the entire staff was helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjc77
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We (family of four) stayed two nights at this hotel in early July 2012 on a road trip and were delighted with its quality and the service provided.

The hotel is brand new - it was opened in December 2011 - the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was excellent, and the kids loved the large indoor pool.

The hotel is close to downtown Tallahassee, where you can park for free next to the Florida Museum of History.

We paid $200 for a two-night stay for four. Bargain.

We would definitely visit this hotel again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel was easy to get to, near several restaurants. It is in brand new condition and very clean. The rooms have a Frige and microwave. The rooms are a little small but I had no problem with that because they were so clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Though a little small, the rooms were well-kept and comfortable. The hotel is in an area with plenty of restaurants/shopping nearby. I'd recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed June 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We booked at the last minute directly with the hotel after reading the glowing reviews of the property. We arrived at the hotel, checked in, and went directly to dinner. When we went to our room we discovered that the room was unmade. He beds were not made and towels were everywhere. We told the desk clerk and he told us to wait, he would clean the room. Sorry, that is not acceptable to have a 20 something, inexperienced desk clerk to make up our room. I can only imagine how bad that would be. He called the Springhill Inn, rooms were available, and gave us directions.

When we arrived at the Springhill Inn, and told the clerks what happened, they asked for our "walk letter" since the Fairfield was effectively oversold and should pay for our night's stay at the Springhill. We were not offered a thing from the Fairfield for our trouble of going to another property.

Our thanks to the clerks of the Springhill Suites for handling the situation. This is where you should stay. If you have a customer service problem, it will be taken care of.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 1 night and it was very nice, other Marriott brands could follow by example here. Friendly, prompt and courteous staff. Clean rooms. Plus...the wi-fi is easy to access, remembers your login and fast! Saved as a favorite in case I'm back in the area. Very nice!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business