“Great front dest staff, nice rooms; breakfast buffet not a bargain.”

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed March 2, 2010

On the plus side: the rooms at this Courtyard were very clean and nicely appointed. The front desk staff could not have been more accommodating. the hotel is located in a convenient area and there are many places to eat nearby.
However, the beds were a little hard and the pillows were absolutely horrendus (lumpy foam). The breakfast buffet was sparce (just a little bit of this and that, some items like oatmeal were missing altogether) and not what one would expect for $8.95.
I might stay here in the future but will bring my own pillow!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank maretrek

Reviewed June 28, 2009

I was not impressed with the Courtyard. The room was small and not set up very well. The TV was tiny and situated to the side of the bed which made it difficult to watch. There was high speed internet but it was not wireless. The bathroom was not very clean and the bathtub bottom was dirty. I actually slipped and fell due to the soapscum and crud on the bathtub. The staff was not very friendly or professional when my room keys (both of them) stopped working. I had come back to the hotel late at night after working all day and just wanted to relax but instead, I was running around the building trying to get into my room after being "locked" out. It was not a pleasant stay. But it was safe and acceptable if nothing else is available. I recommend the Hampton right down the street.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2009

We found this hotel to be very disappointing. We were expecting the service and quality of a Marriott but did not find it... The desk said "no" for all our requests from a room on the reception level to a late check out... the jacuzzi is closed... and the breakfast you get for free at most hotels is $10.00 at this one. They advertise a resturant, but it is only breakfast... service and quality overall very disappointing... you can find a better property for the price..!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 4, 2009

My wife, daughter and I needed a place for a night in Tallahassee and after driving for 6 hours we were unsure of where to stay. But stopped in to check the rates and availability. My wife went to make the arrangements, and came back out smiling, this after 6 hours in a car with a 15 month old!! The man at the front desk was so friendly, helpful that he made our day. We signed up for Marriott Rewards on the spot and checked in happily to a very nice, comfortable room. Internet access is free, and just about the most TV channels I have had in any hotel. Bed was very nice, everything was clean and in great working order.
The woman on the front in the morning was just as nice and helpful, as we needed a late checkout, and got one with no problem.
Overall, a great stay, and great hotel. We will be back next time through.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 16, 2006

I recently stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and had an experience of a life time. All rooms were newly renovated and the staff was friendly. They helped us locate great restaurants around the area and found fun activities for my kids.
I would never stay anywhere else but Marriott.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2006

Staying at this courtyard was a wonderful stay. From the Managers Sam / Jimmy to the housekeepers Paula / Germaine everything was exceptional. The hotel has been newly renovated which was a pleasant treat. The new decor in the lobby and the rooms were great. I would sugeest staying at this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Call it a freak occurance but our car and another in the parking lot were broken into. Parking in the back had scared me when we pulled in and for good reason. If you get in late then you won't be able to park in a well lighted and visible area. The hotel was good besides this incident. Just don't park on the back side towards i-10.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business