“Easy access to ih10”

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #26 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while on our way to Orlando. After a 16 hr drive from Texas, This hotel was the perfect choice. Since I had done the Name your own price on Priceline we were giving a suite with a pull out sofa which was perfect for us 4. The hotel was very clean and the bed was excellent. The lady at check in however was horrible, very rude, maybe she was upset because she was working the night shift on New Years Eve, but regardless, the paying customer should not have to deal with employee personal issues.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Pmtz
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Pmtz,
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. I appreciate the feedback and was disappointed that your check-in was anything less than perfect. I just took over as General Manager of this location in February and would love to be able to have you return and try us out again so that you can experience Service So Memorable as it should be. Should you wish to make reservations, please contact me directly so that I can ensure you have an exceptional visit while here in Tallahassee!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went because they have an indoor pool for the kids. The pool was clean and HOT. We loved it. Don't like paying extra for breakfast but the pool overides the extra expense. Overall we had a great stay and will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe1234567891

Dear Joe1234567891,

I am so very pleased that you chose to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North! Thank you as well for providing your feedback. Our Heated Indoor Pool is a great benefit that the whole family is sure to love! We do hope to see you again in your travels. Should you need to book, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights when traveling for business in town, the lobby was beautiful, bistro nice for a quick bite. Rooms are tired looking and not so comfy. Had a mix up on rooms when I checked in, but they fixed the issue. The rooms were clean, but worn and not so comfy for the business traveler,staff friendly! I had a room facing the traffic side of the road, so you could here the traffic, so I would recommend a room away from the roads.

Stayed: January 2013

Dear Soapster1,
thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. I was sorry to hear there was a mix-up at check in but I am glad our team was able to correct this. We are currently looking forward to an upcoming renovation on our rooms in May. We do hope you try us again as the renovations are sure to help put us over-the-top when combined with our superbly friendly staff. Should you need anything, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist.

Thank you!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place was listed on Priceline as having a buffet breakfast and a continental breakfast. They have neither. What they do have is an expensive "bistro" serving overpriced food. The first room I was given was extremely humid and smelled like someone had smoked in it. Then at 3 a.m., my smoke detector started beeping. They said that they had no one to fix it. SO I had to move all of my stuff up a floor in the middle of the night. Although there was no smoke smell, that room was also extremely humid. As I was now wide awake, I decided to watch some TV. There was no remote in my room. The clerk went and got the remote from my previous room and gave it to me. The next morning, I went to iron my clothes and the iron had no cap on the water opening, which resulted in water spilling put on my shirt when I ironed it. The fitness room has only dumbbells and treadmills, which is almost useless to actually work out. The lobby is very nice but the rooms are just average at best. There are much better options in Tallahassee for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed December 15, 2012

While this is an older Courtyard, the lobby has been redone in the newer pod/ cafe format. The rooms are OK, but probably need the full refresh. What stood out for me was the service...Jit at the front desk was very friendly, always had a smile and was helpful with any problems I had.

The other benefit of staying here is the convenience to I10, Starbucks 2 mins away, and the Outback right in the next parking lot.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Badgerhound
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The front desk was extremely nice and each time we came in or out would ask if everything was okay. Nice and welcoming lobby area. LOVED the room layout!!! The headboard of he bed was up against the closet wall so you do not have to worry about hearing anything from the room next door. The layout also gives you a home feel vs a general hotel room feel. Free Internet access. Paul Mitchell shampoo is in the wash area. Bathroom was clean. Towels appeared new. NO complaints with the cleanliness of our room.
The indoor pool is large with ahoy tub. The gym is also nice
The ONLY reason that I did note rate this 5 dots is that there was no free breakfast.
I am VERY PICKY when it comes to hotels and would strongly suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: Right off the highway. Outback is walking distance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an older, very nicely-kept Courtyard that’s conveniently located right off I-10. The lobby has been renovated and is beautiful. Helpful, nice front desk staff. My room was fresh and clean, with a really comfy bed. It had a small bathroom, with the sink outside the tub area. There were lots of fresh, clean towels. There was a little separate sofa area, with a coffee table, as well as a nice dresser and work-desk area. There’s a little coffee pot with coffee to make in the morning. Very speedy free wi-fi. There’s plenty of parking on-site – in a nicely-landscaped, quiet area. Be aware that this location is NOT downtown Tallahassee; it is a little bit of a drive to the city center. There are a couple fast food joints within walking distance, as well as an Outback Steakhouse right next door.

I am usually a Fairfield Inn kind of girl, because I like the free eats in the morning that FF Inn offers. But, I got a great Marriott eBreak rate on this Courtyard, so I took a cheap rate over free food. The lobby has a restaurant and while I did not eat at this one, I have eaten at it at other Courtyards and the breakfast is very good.

My only complaint (besides no free eats!) is there is no mini-frig in my room. I am keeping my milk cold like people in the 30s did – with ice on top of it. I prefer rooms with a little frig, but a lot of hotel rooms don’t offer that. Oh, and the air conditioner makes a little bit of a racket – but, hey, this is Florida, as long as the A/C works good (and it does!), I won’t whine about that issue. Other than that, a great, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo