“Business stay”

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights when traveling for business in town, the lobby was beautiful, bistro nice for a quick bite. Rooms are tired looking and not so comfy. Had a mix up on rooms when I checked in, but they fixed the issue. The rooms were clean, but worn and not so comfy for the business traveler,staff friendly! I had a room facing the traffic side of the road, so you could here the traffic, so I would recommend a room away from the roads.

Stayed: January 2013
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Soapster1,
thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. I was sorry to hear there was a mix-up at check in but I am glad our team was able to correct this. We are currently looking forward to an upcoming renovation on our rooms in May. We do hope you try us again as the renovations are sure to help put us over-the-top when combined with our superbly friendly staff. Should you need anything, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist.

Thank you!

Michelle Parks
Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place was listed on Priceline as having a buffet breakfast and a continental breakfast. They have neither. What they do have is an expensive "bistro" serving overpriced food. The first room I was given was extremely humid and smelled like someone had smoked in it. Then at 3 a.m., my smoke detector started beeping. They said that they had no one to fix it. SO I had to move all of my stuff up a floor in the middle of the night. Although there was no smoke smell, that room was also extremely humid. As I was now wide awake, I decided to watch some TV. There was no remote in my room. The clerk went and got the remote from my previous room and gave it to me. The next morning, I went to iron my clothes and the iron had no cap on the water opening, which resulted in water spilling put on my shirt when I ironed it. The fitness room has only dumbbells and treadmills, which is almost useless to actually work out. The lobby is very nice but the rooms are just average at best. There are much better options in Tallahassee for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed December 15, 2012

While this is an older Courtyard, the lobby has been redone in the newer pod/ cafe format. The rooms are OK, but probably need the full refresh. What stood out for me was the service...Jit at the front desk was very friendly, always had a smile and was helpful with any problems I had.

The other benefit of staying here is the convenience to I10, Starbucks 2 mins away, and the Outback right in the next parking lot.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Badgerhound
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The front desk was extremely nice and each time we came in or out would ask if everything was okay. Nice and welcoming lobby area. LOVED the room layout!!! The headboard of he bed was up against the closet wall so you do not have to worry about hearing anything from the room next door. The layout also gives you a home feel vs a general hotel room feel. Free Internet access. Paul Mitchell shampoo is in the wash area. Bathroom was clean. Towels appeared new. NO complaints with the cleanliness of our room.
The indoor pool is large with ahoy tub. The gym is also nice
The ONLY reason that I did note rate this 5 dots is that there was no free breakfast.
I am VERY PICKY when it comes to hotels and would strongly suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: Right off the highway. Outback is walking distance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an older, very nicely-kept Courtyard that’s conveniently located right off I-10. The lobby has been renovated and is beautiful. Helpful, nice front desk staff. My room was fresh and clean, with a really comfy bed. It had a small bathroom, with the sink outside the tub area. There were lots of fresh, clean towels. There was a little separate sofa area, with a coffee table, as well as a nice dresser and work-desk area. There’s a little coffee pot with coffee to make in the morning. Very speedy free wi-fi. There’s plenty of parking on-site – in a nicely-landscaped, quiet area. Be aware that this location is NOT downtown Tallahassee; it is a little bit of a drive to the city center. There are a couple fast food joints within walking distance, as well as an Outback Steakhouse right next door.

I am usually a Fairfield Inn kind of girl, because I like the free eats in the morning that FF Inn offers. But, I got a great Marriott eBreak rate on this Courtyard, so I took a cheap rate over free food. The lobby has a restaurant and while I did not eat at this one, I have eaten at it at other Courtyards and the breakfast is very good.

My only complaint (besides no free eats!) is there is no mini-frig in my room. I am keeping my milk cold like people in the 30s did – with ice on top of it. I prefer rooms with a little frig, but a lot of hotel rooms don’t offer that. Oh, and the air conditioner makes a little bit of a racket – but, hey, this is Florida, as long as the A/C works good (and it does!), I won’t whine about that issue. Other than that, a great, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed for a long weekend with the family. Conviently located just off I-10. Front desk was helpful and accomodating. Room was big enough for the four of us and was comfotable and clean. Odd that online reservation asks if you want extra towels though as there were only three for the four of us. Why bother asking? Housekeeper was a little overbearing in finding out when we would be out of our room so she could service it. She might as well of asked us to get out.
Reserved with the breakfast package and sorry I did. Food was sub par. Everything is just heated in a microwave. Kids skipped it after one day (dry french toast) and I stuck with oatmeal after having a runny egg sandwich.McDonalds is just up the road and I got the kids something to eat there.
Kids enjoyed the pool. It is square, so hard to do decent laps in it if you are an adult.
Hotel was quiet and we were able to unwind and rest there during our stressful weekend. So it did serve its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank oversold_plus_2
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Me and a few friends stayed here for the weekend and the stay was a nice experience. The staff was nice and helpful, hotel was nice, like the computer area, pool/spa, fitness room, and continental breakfast. And was nice to have many restaurants located nearby. Room was clean , nice, no complaints at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends