All reviews burger king room was clean yogurt front desk clerk breakfast area comfortable stay checking out frig pillows capital
Reviewed April 12, 2018

My name is Denise S. I am a choice hotel choice privilege member. I am reporting a disturbing incident I encountered from a belligerent manager of a Quality Inn that my husband and I stayed at. We checked in to a Quality Inn located at 3090 North Monroe St. in Tallahassee Florida yesterday (April 11, 2018) @ 3;20pm. We were checked in to room 108 by ppatel. We used a printed coupon from a Florida travel pamphlet to get a reduced price of $57.00. With all the associated taxes my total was $64.13
We were very tired when we checked in due to a long drive from Miami Beach Florida. I brushed my teeth around 8pm at the sink at the back of the room next to a door that housed the toilet and the shower. I spilled some water on the floor after rinsing my mouth. I used a clean hand towel that was provided in the room to wipe up the water. To my shock when I looked at the towel after wiping the floor it was black. The entire floor in the main portion of the room was filthy. As the photo I am enclosing will clearly display. We went to sleep. The bed was fine. The next morning we had breakfast then returned to our room. We then started getting ready to leave. That is when I pulled the shower curtain back for the first time and was aghast to see a filthy, greatly stained shower stall. I took some photographs before I took a shower. I did not want to use it, but it was 10am (On April 12, 2018) and check out was @ 11:00am so I put a towel down on the shower floor and took a quick shower. As did my husband.
Needless to say we were not happy. When I spoke to ppatel at checkout. He did not offer any apology and asked why I had not spoke to him at some point earlier. I was really upset to hear such a response, but wait it gets worse. He begrudgingly offered a 10% discount. Which I refused. I asked my husband to then step in to offer his side of the complaint to this situation. We, at no point, raised our voices or used any profanity during our legitimate complaint.
My husband provided the same complaint and followed up ppatel's question of why hadn't we spoke to them earlier about this and told him we were very tired when we arrived at 3:20pm the prior day because we had just drove for 12 hours.
I showed him the photos that I took of the filthy towel and shower. Ppatel looked at both of us and said "You both look like you are good at doing this. You could have made this towel dirty from anywhere outside your room" To which I said "Why don't you come with me to the room and wipe another part of the floor I missed if you do not believe us." He refused. He then said "This is not the most profitable time of year. You were both here since yesterday at 3:20pm - stayed the whole time between then and this morning - then came in and ate a breakfast without saying anything and now you are coming here with this complaint" Once again I told this person why I waited until checkout before presenting our complaint and again asked him to come back to the room so we could show him the filthy state of the shower and the floor. Again ppatel refused to do this and again said to us "Obviously you two are good at doing this. I have had no problem in the past refunding a guest's payment if a complaint is made, but you two are good at doing this so no.
I never asked for a full refund. I did ask for a 20% or 30% to which this absurd manager said no. We told him we would file a formal complaint on his terrible behavior as choice privilege members to which he said "Do you what you will and have a good day".
We turned and left the office and proceeded to immediately call the choice privilege member number to lodge a complaint.
If you are looking for the reason this hotel is not performing well you can pin it directly to the terrible customer relations and overall terrible performance PPatel conducts with his paying clients. He clearly has no respect for women or any his paying clientele's legitimate complaints. The very worst behavior for a hotel manager.BE Warned!
We will never stay at this property ever again and I am proceeding to write an excoriating review of this property online to warn any other travelers to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Denise,
We appreciate you being a loyal guest of Choice Hotels and we're glad you enjoy the Choice Privileges rewards program. As a frequent visitor to our hotels, you must know that what you have described does not reflect our usual standards for accommodations or customer care. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We regret that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion and will review your feedback with our team. Although you would refrain from recommending our property at this time, we hope to have a future opportunity to deliver you the stay you deserve. We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

You can see that this hotel has been neglected. Choice Hotels should be ashamed of this location. The staff are really nice but that’s the only nice thing there. The room I was in had mold on the ceiling, the paint was peeling, the tub was nasty and the faucet had water stains. I honestly think that they never cleaned the room, only made the bed. We checked in late so didn’t have much of a choice at that hour. We spent one night and then went to the Holiday Inn next door. The breakfast was microwaved eggs & sausage and there was barely any breakfast at all. They really need to take a step back and revamp the whole place. Never have I been so disgusted in my life.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

We appreciate your detailed review and are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We're very sorry though to hear about your unpleasant experience and assure you that we will address the issues you mentioned. We take all feedback very seriously and try to learn from every experience our guests share with us. We will address the upkeep issues with our maintenance team and speak with our housekeeping staff about the cleanliness concerns you experienced. Again, we appreciate your review and would appreciate another opportunity to provide you with better service in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Because I am wearing a cast, I asked for a first floor room. None available. Ok. We discussed a nonsmoking room. I climbed the stairs, opened the door and the room reeled. I called to request a room change. "There are no nonsmoking rooms in this hotel."
I turned on the bathroom fan and propped the door open with the ottoman for a bit, but didn't feel safe with the door open. The upholstered chair and ottoman were filthy dirty. The was a gross black something under the desk.
If it hadn't been late at night, I would have forfeited my room payment and found a different hotel.
Never again, Quality Inn.

Room Tip: There are no nonsmoking rooms, per staff. Choose a room at a different hotel.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I realy liked the hotel it was very nice and clean, very well lit at night which i really liked. The only thing that i didnt like was the wifi the first night, it wasnt really working very good. I also liked that the room got really cold.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2018

These days I see advertising for the Quality inn hotels (Choice Hotels) Thinking I was getting a good room or at least a clean room, here in Tallahassee, but is the worst Quality in hotel I have stay in. The bathtub has not been clean, I will not take a bath in such a dirty tub. A few days ago I stay at the Quality in Chipley Florida and it was a good experience. Please do yourself a favor and do not stay in this hotel in Tallahassee, you will regret it. I have travel all over the world and as you can see in my reviews I do not like to give negative reviews, but in this case I have to. Paying for a room to sleep in very bad beds and been scare to take bath in a filthy bathroom is really upsetting.

Room Tip: Do not stay at his hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Lili,
We appreciate you being a brand loyal guest and we're sorry to hear you felt your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any concerns regarding the cleanliness of your bathtub and room as well as any discomfort with the beds. We'll pass your comments along to the appropriate staff members as they help us improve for future guests. If you're in the area again, we'd be grateful for the chance to offer you more appealing accommodations.