Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tallahassee
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Light was falling down above mirror and toilet paper holder was falling off wall
The staff was fine and there were no problems with checking in and checking out.
We really do not care for the mirror decor.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Quiet, good AC, typical amenities. Recommend
Negative: room carpet in need of cleaning. Feet dirty after walking on carpet,
apparent when taking shower.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The owners of this hotel MUST update asap. Old and wet/moist feeling in rooms mean that there is leaking somewhere...you get what you pay for I guess in this situation! Bed old too...
The continental breakfast was completely devoid of nutritional value. No fruit or protein...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel NEEDS to be Renovated or a New Manager. I was highly disappointed with this hotel. Pictures online and actually being at the hotel was a major difference. I am sorry to say to destroy this hotel because a few of the staff members were really helpful. The hotel suite has potential but the housekeepers were LAZY. Instead of changing the towels everyday; they nicely arranged the same towels that were used before. There was hair on the supposedly new towels. There was dust on, under, and around the television, the fridge looked like it has not been cleaned in month. The entire hotel smelled of cigarettes and mildew. My boyfriend killed two fat bed bugs and I found one crawling on my arm. There were stains on the carpet and wall. My boyfriend is a neat freak and is a very clean person. He was highly upset and was curious about the mattress. So he decided to pulled off the sheets on the mattress and found blood stains on the mattress protection cover. When he pulled the protection cover off; there were blood stains on the middle and left corner of the mattress. I was horrified. We created a fictitious story that someone was killed in our room and that we were laying on evidence. After we reality sunk in...we weren't amused. As for as breakfast.....if the entire hotel is dirty; why bother eating here. Breakfast was of course self-served and the menu consist of bagels, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, fruits (apples,oranges,bananas,) juice (apple,cranberry,orange,) and coffee. This hotel has potential...they need to change all the carpets, find out where the aweful moldy smell is coming from, throw away the mattresses and hire 2 people to supervise the housekeepers. Oh...and if you don't believe me I have pictures. I know this hotel is not the Marriot but it did lack professionalism. I stayed here last weekend for 3 nights for labor day weekend and could not sleep because I was sooooo paranoid; afraid that a bed bug will crawl into my ears and lay eggs. Yikkkeesss!!!!! If you do happen to end up here...BRING LYSOL and EXTRA SHEETS and DO NOT WALK BARE FEET.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for one night on a road trip we did in July 2012 after getting a coupon book at a gas station. It was very clean outside and not so much traffic close by. Rooms were clean and somewhat smaller than normal but still everything was ok. A great value for the price of just a little over $40. and also included hot breakfast. One place in book was cheaper than this one and we checked it out but I would not have stayed there IF THEY WOULD HAVE PAYED ME!!
Staff was nice and friendly here at microtel. This is my first visit to a microtel. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zuni07
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked this last minute and the price was very reasonable. We did not check tripadvisor! Check in and out easy. 2 queen size beds in the room, we did not have a fridge or microwave and were told we did when we booked it. I asked for a quiet room as we had been traveling from Miami and on our way to Texas the next day. We were placed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet up there. The 3rd floor was not air conditioned. There was an AC unit at the end of the hall that was not plugged in. So it was very hot and muggy. When we entered our room, it felt the same way and smelled bad. I was too tired to complain, switched on the AC and it did cool down. This entire floor smelled bad though. The beds were comfortable enough, the room very dated and certainly needs an upgrade. There were men outside drinking beer and I think they were people who book this place for a month or something.
On one trip in the elevator, there was a man with a large kitchen knife who certainly scared me. The next morning, I saw him with a uniform on and he apparently works here!! I would not stay here again needless to say. There were many other options for the same price.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor if they haven't plugged in that AC - hot and muggy and doesn'...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel is ok.. But the rooms are awesome.. At least ours was 231. This is the type of room I would expect to pay $100+ for but it was less than $55 with our discount. Smelled nice, clean fresh sheets that looked new, we got a room with two beds and tgey were queen beds not double beds which is a huge plus. The room just felt clean and comfortsble. We stay at 25+ Wyndham hotels a month and fhis was by far tge best. We highly recommend this hotel. we did not really deal with customer service so I cannot say if it was good.. and we all missed breakfast because we all over slept (beds were amaxingly comfortable)

• Stayed: July 2012