“Simple and great”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay in Tallahassee, so I used my Tripadvisor app to find a hotel. Red Roof had good reviews so that's where I went. When I got to the lobby there was 3 people in front of me but Clarence took care of all 4 of us quickly and friendly. My room was great. Small but very clean. The bed was comfortable. The internet was good. The only complaint I would have is the water pressure, but I got clean so that was the important thing. Just want to say again how welcome Clarence made me feel. THANKS!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank samsvalleyfarm

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Room very basic and 'tired' looking, whole motel needs a make over. Cars in parking lot whose occupants were not staying at motel a bit noisy and behaviour slightly worrying but nothing actually happened.
Handy location for central Tallahasse.
Being a Red Roof was within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: A room on ground floor facing the car parking lot might be a bit noisier than the back but might fee...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NikiB5382
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We enjoyed our single night stay at this Red Roof like I said it was very clean, sheets, towels, shower, very comfortable bed for my 6 foot frame and 200 lbs . weight . Follow your Gps and you can't miss it. Will stay here again next year. When we checked in Clarence was very friendly, and personable, felt great staying here.

Room Tip: Go to upgrade microwave, refrigerator in room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jesse J
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is about as average a Red Roof as they come. It was a bit distressed, but they cleaned up their act.
Getting to the property is easy, but making your way to the street is a bit tricky.
Prices are good, but if there is an event in town, they over price the rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with adjoining doors, rooms near the housekeeping or laundry area. Rooms in back are qui...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mitch P
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I enjoyed my single-night stay at this location. Everything was clean and up to Red Roof standards. Had a comfortable, quiet night. Staff were extremely friendly. Minus one point for the musty odor in the room. Fix this and you will have a 5/5 location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for the feedback it really helps us improve for the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes I wonder about the reviews on here after having a completely different experience myself, both good & bad. But not at the Tallahassee Red Roof. As previously mentioned by other reviewers, Clarence is a gem. He made a special effort for us, and we really appreciate him going above and beyond. At checkout early this morning Jessica was just as helpful and friendly, making sure our Redicard points got credited. The room itself was clean & the bed very comfy, with enough pillows for 2, and the flat screen tv is a huge plus, and was bigger than we had expected. We highly recommend this motel, budget prices with 5-star customer service!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here whilst driving from Memphis to Orlando, booked it online couple of hours before we got there arriving 11pm staff were friendly and helpfull. Room same as any other Red Roof i have stayed in, Clean, Comfortable and a flat screen TV all i could want to crash out to get some sleep before heading off on our Journey !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spider666
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

We really appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you had a good experience. Please consider us again when your next visit brings you to Tallahassee.