“Last time a check in to a place based on a sign on the interstate” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tallahassee

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Fort Myers, Florida
“Last time a check in to a place based on a sign on the interstate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had to travel up to Tallahassee from Ft Myers last minute for my wife to see her grandmother in the hospital. It 1 in the morning and I see a sign on the interstate for Red Roof Inn. I just wish it would have advertised the hard bed, tiny square pillows, and that your room will stink horribly of mildew and marijuana. When its that late and you have already paid for the night, I waited until the morning to find a normal hotel. Last time I stay at the Red Roof.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Agolden161,

I am exceedingly sorry your stay fell short of your expectations and greatly apologize for the odors in the room. I will address these issues with the staff immediately. If you wish to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 850-385-7884. I look forward to hearing from you and we wish you safe travels.

Lori Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Saratoga Springs, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Okay... Pay attention. This was for the night pass through on the way farther south. Budget cost, small room, average all around, bedspread needed laundering, entire motel needed refreshing and it wasn't too appealing driving up to the office. Red Roof needs to kick this one up a notch.

Room Tip: I don't think room location means much.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Charliecamel2363,

I appreciate your taking the time to write your review. I am sincerely disappointed to hear this was just an average budget motel, that driving up wasn't appealing, and you were overall not completely satisfied with your stay. I would love to hear from you in person so that we may discuss this further with more detail and include your suggestions; 850-385-7884. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to better serving you in the future; we wish you safe travels!

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I visit Tallahassee once a month and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Chad seems to always be working the front desk and I'm happy to see him there each time. He always provides prompt and friendly service without hesitation. The rooms are always clean and if you need anything it is simply a phone call away. Great place! I recommend to anyone visiting the area!

Room Tip: Make sure you mention it if you are a Florida resident! You get a small discount!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear KandisH,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I am so pleased to hear you have received 'prompt and friendly service from Chad' and that you wouldn't 'think of staying anywhere else'! I will be sure to pass this along to Chad and the rest of our team members. We appreciate your repeated business and look forward to seeing you again soon; we wish you safe travels!

Indialantic, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked this online, and took an inexpensive room. The staff was friendly, the room seemed clean and well equipped. However, there was a deordorizer smell in there that made me wonder if it really was always non-smoking. The room was older, and the lock mechanism worn, but all in all it was about what I expected. Nothing to rave about, and no big complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Peterthegreatmlkj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad you found the room to be clean, well equipped at check in, and the staff to be friendly as well as found the value in your stay! I will be sure to pass this along to my team. We hope to see you again soon in the future and wish you safe travels!

Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived in Tallahassee late in the evening and needed to stop over before continuing our journey home. Based on prior reviews, we chose this property. It was very reasonable and very close to where we located at the time. There were only three rooms available, and we chose the single king located on the bottom floor, since it was storming and we wanted easy ingress and egress. The room was clean and quite adequate for an overnight stopover. The bed was fine and there was parking available directly in front of the door. It was unusually chilly that night, and getting the temperature adjusted was tricky but not a deal breaker. It was a tiny room, by anyone's measure -- not enough room for two people to pass side-by-side between the foot of the bed and the television. But, again, for one evening, it was fine. The location is excellent. Easy on and off of I-10. Located in a safe, newer looking area. A Cracker Barrel is right next door. A safe is provided in the room. No fridge or microwave. But for the price of under $50, it was clean and safe and a great bargain for a one-night layover.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cymbalzzz
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Cymbalzzz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so pleased to here you found our inn to be "reasonably priced, clean, and quite adequate"! We hope to see you during your travels again soon; we wish you safe travels!

Honeoye Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Customer service was excellent, and the room was quite reasonably priced and Clarence hooked us up. The only complaint we had was that the shower didn't have much heat one morning, other than that no problems.

Room Tip: Talk to Clarence if he's working, he's an understanding guy that can help you out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Tom L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am very pleased to hear you found Clarence so understanding adn that he delivered excellent customer service to you! I will be sure to forward this to him as well as the rest of our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon; we wish you safe travels!

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the first time I ever wrote a review for the benefit of a person But I thought it was appropriate for this man.The desk clerk was the most helpful person I have ever met. His name is Clarence, and he worked very hard to get the smoke alarm to work properly.Also very helpful with adviseing us for dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George W
Dear George W.,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review! I am so pleased to hear Clarence was so helpful and corrected the issue you had with the smoke alarm! I will be sure to share this review to him as well as the rest of the staff. We are happy you chose our inn for your lodging needs and look forward to serving them again in the future; we wish you safe travels!