“Not bad considering the price”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was driving through Florida and looking for a rest area to catch a few hours of sleep, but instead I saw a huge billboard advertising rooms at this hotel for $40. For that price I thought why not? Overall I'll say it was worth 40 bucks, but not much more than that. My room was pretty worn looking, but pretty clean. The bed was also very clean which is the most important part of the stay to me. The AC was very loud, but it did keep the room cool. The TV worked well and the free internet was nice. I didn't see any bugs, but if i had I wouldn't have been too surprised. What more can I say... for a few hours of sleep and a shower at $40 it gave me what I had hoped for.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback we greatly appreciate your time and consideration. I am glad you found your stay both acceptable and comfortable; we appreciate your business! We look forward to seeing you again and wish you safe travels!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2012

When I tell you that I am the LAST guy to book a room at a Red Roof Inn, I'm not kidding! Had a bad experience about 10 years ago and I decided I'd rather sleep in the car than another Red Roof Inn. When looking for a hotel for my daughter's graduation from FSU in April, my wife decided she couldn't pass up the price at this hotel. Told her "Enjoy it, I'll be in the car!" Well, kicking and screaming, she dragged me into the room. Stuck my head inside the room, looked around, and immediately ran out the door! I had to check the hotel sign to make sure I was in the right hotel! HOLY COW! She told me the rooms had been upgraded and she wasn't kidding. Neat, clean and very inviting . Great beds, nice workstation, fast internet, nice shower with good pressure and a quiet atmosphere make this hotel a good value for the money. The only down side is the fact that this hotel is a little further away from FSU's campus than most hotels, but the lower price reflects that. This was a nice hotel, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Doug910
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear guest,

WOW!! What an outstanding review we thank you so very much!! I am thrilled we were able to "wow" you! I will make sure to pass this along to the team here as this is great motivation to keep our skills sharp and customer service excellent. We look forward to seeing you again and wish you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

As most older hotels, this one could use some updating in the bathroom but over all it was a pleasant stay. Mostly updated, quiet, staff was ok and the place was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

First impressions walking in the front, Clarence was professional, and set the mood for a smooth check-in to an ultraclean, sweet smelling double bed room with thick thirsty towels. TV's big enough to see. We booked a standard discounted room, so I strolled into the front office to get my hot water for tea, morning coffee
(Good) and next around the other end for ice.

• Stayed: June 2012
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear guest,

WOW! Thank you for your fantastic comments; we greatly appreciate this glowing review! I am happy you found our inn to be satisfactory, serene, and the staff professional and courteous. We work very hard on outstanding customer service here and it's wonderful and encouraging to hear it is noticed by our patrons. We look forward to seeing you again, we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

we have stayed here every time we go see our daughter in FSU and have never been disappointed. It is very simple but very clean and the staff, especially Latisha is wonderful. The cleaning staff as well is very friendly. The first time we had a Superior suite and it was very updated and nice. the other times we have had the basic room, but they have always been just as nice. it is located next to Crackel barrel as well as many other places to eat such as Sushi restaurants, Krispy Kreme, Mexican food, local sports bar etc etc. The highway is just a hop away.
definitely a simple but great hotel.

Room Tip: For a couple of dollars more get a Superior suite. worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your great comments! Lakeyshia has been an outstanding asset for many years now on the front desk; I am estatic she has been able to "wow" you! I will be sure to pass your comments along so she can see the impact she makes on our customers.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a group of 48 people staty here for two nights, after reserved accomodations at another hotel were unacceptable. Within one hour of reserving the rooms, at 1:30 in the morning, room keys and assignments were completed and ready when we arrived. Staff was very courteous,especially Chad. Rooms were clean. Property well maintained. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments; I will be sharing these with the staff! It was a pleasure to host your group on short notice and we graciously thank you for choosing us last minute when your lodging arrangements were not satisfactory. I am estatic my staff highly impressed you and were able to prepare the arrangements for your group! I hope to see you again in the future when your traveling requires lodging in this area!

Please know Red Roof Inns maintain excellent standards and you'll find other properties just as pleasant as ours.

If there is anything further I can do for you now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you once again for choosing Red Roof Inn Tallahassee for your lodging and we look forward to your return. We wish you safe travels!

Lori Brown, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Even the grounds are clean. This place looks like the staff care about it. And it is reasonably priced. Can't say enough about how nice this place is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Kathy W.,

Wow, thank you so much for your kind review! We do indeed care about and love this place and our guests; I am so happy that this shows to our visitors!

I will share this great review with my team here to make sure they know their efforts do not go unnoticed by our guests and to continue the great job they do. Our inn wouldn't be as beautiful as it is with out this team. Again thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you safe travels!

Sincerest Regards,