“Great Location, friendly customer service”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn for two years, this year I had have to change some reservations, and Latisha & Chad have been very helpful. We go to all the FSU football games and will continue to stay at this location. The location is great for restaurants and easy access to I-10. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Customer service means a lot these days - keep up the good work!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 6, 2011

His customer service was great. He made sure my reservations were saved during a busy football weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank NoleMan9
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I know I'm not the only one that has been wondering when the term "customer service" no longer implied a friendly greeting, helpful assistance, and simply a corteous experience. But I am so happy to have found that it still exists at the Red Roof Inn. I have stayed at this location several times and wouldn't dare going elsewhere and risk the pleasant experience I've had. Every time I arrived, I received fast and friendly service, and never anything less. Chad and Lakesha were exceptionally friendly and remembered my exact room preferences. This Red Roof location will most definitely continue to be the only hotel I stay at when I am in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I have stayed here several times. Using one of those hotel coupon books you can't beat the 39.99 price in the area. (Except motel 6 which is decent) Hotel is in a great location. Close to a lot of restaurants and the interstate.
This stay our room seemed smaller. We usually get a double bed but got a king this time and it seemed a little tight. Decor is nice. Room was clean and they had decent channels to choose from. Only bad thing I can say is they charge a $1.50 safe deposit and it's up to YOU to tell them to remove it at checkout. They won't remind you. The staff member Clarence was very nice and friendly. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank amandabiam
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Actually stayed a while ago and I understand that a lot may have changed in this time.

I got into the hotel and the office staff was excellent and expeditious.

The room was comfortable as were the beds.

The checkout process was fast.

Parking was easy and I could bring my dog with no additional fees.

You can find great value here.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank ocwarren
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Admittedly this review is a bit dated, it dates back to even before 2010 but that was the latest date that I was able to select. I had the worst lodging experience ever at this motel. I was literally eaten alive by bedbugs. It was a horrible experience and one that I will never forget. Even though my review is late I felt compelled to warn others about this. Hopefully this place has changed in recent years for the better so no one has to go through that ever again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you we have regular and aggressive pest control so that this is not and has not been an issue. I would like to invite you back to visit if you are ever traveling through our area again so that you may validate this for yourself. We wish you safe and happy travels!

Lori B
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Staff is great, the room decor is modern and has all the trimmings (peninsula-shaped desk with wi-fi; easy chair; nice vanity area; decent furniture) but the smell was near-rancid and the bedding was ALL badly stained. I requested new bedding and, although it smelled better, the sheet had a tennis shoe tread mark on it. Granted, it was $44/night but after 2nd night, I was sick from the smell and had to check out. Bummer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo