“Aging rooms and some insect issues.”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Aging rooms and some insect issues.”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I got to Homewood Suites Tallahassee after a 4 hour drive from Tampa at 2am and was exhausted.

When I called them to inform them I needed a late check-in all the front desk person said was "Ok." She did not ask for my name so luckily when I got there my room was still secured. The night shift front desk attendee was very helpful though. However, when I checked out the morning attendee was just focussed on getting me out the door as soon as possible and seemed annoyed by the fact the credit card had not been properly run through the night before.

The cleanliness would not have been so bad if there had not been cockroaches. There was only two but I'm from the Northeast and we just don't have bugs that big running around so I, first, don't like them, and second, equate them with a dirty area. I was too tired to worry about it when I got to my room so I trapped both under a glass. I didn't see any additional critters the rest of my stay.

The rooms just looked old - frayed carpet, patched wall paper, loud fridge.

I got to breakfast at 9:30 (30 minutes before service was done) and there was nothing left. I don't expect much as I typically stay at Hampton Inn's but there was no fruit left and very little selection otherwise.

I've read great reviews about this place but my experience did not go so well. Perhaps I was tired or just over-sensitive to the bug issue but I was not impressed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HomewoodTallahassee, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Dear Ms. Page,

We are very appreciative of your taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our Homewood Suites in Tallahassee, Florida. We truly appreciate your business, and on behalf of our entire Homewood Suites Team, we would like to apologize for having failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. I am distributing your observations and comments to our entire Team at this week's Operations Meeting.

First, I want to address your comment concerning insect in our rooms. I want to assure you and anyone reading this post that cleanliness is of the utmost importance to me and my entire staff. Like all hotels and especially the properties in the South, we have a regularly scheduled pest control service at the hotel and there has never been any sort of issue. I can’t tell you how surprised I was with your comments and I do apologize.

With regards to the condition of the room, we are working very hard to keep up with the condition of our rooms and have the ownerships backing to keep the hotels furnishings up-to-date and contemporary. We have an excellent maintenance department that continually stays on top of these issues. I understand how these details can upset your experience, especially in your place of relaxation, and we are doing everything in our power to address your specific concerns.

Again, "Thank you!" for taking the time to assist us with this additional information. We value the feedback of our guests, and we do initiate all actions necessary and appropriate to prevent future guests from encountering similar situations.

I hope you will accept our apologies for these inconveniences, and we also hope you will accept our invitation to return to our hotel so that you can see the improvements we have made.

Todd Middleton
General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2010

From the front desk staff,housekeeping to the breakfast hostess our extended family was very pleased with the accomadations. We were very appreciative of the services provided by the breakfast host, Jaimie Lynch and Nicole Jenkins.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed at Home wood suites for almost three months while on business. Each person that I encountered was friendly, helpful and personable. The hotel is very clean, quiet and has good amenities. I enjoyed Jamie Lynch and Nicole Jenkins breakfast especially their daily personal touch. Melvina Fukes home cooking not only smelled great but tasted good. Krystal Fleet, Ed Morange, Brittany Cook, RIchard Kochesberger and Rubin De Leon always were helpful and greeted me with a smile and called me by name.They always asked if I needed anything. If I did they were prompt in their delivery. Last but not least I want to comment on Jason Dugan and the General manager Todd Middleton. These gentlemen are outstanding examples of how to treat their guests and their associates. They came out to meet the people daily, therfore setting the example for their associates to reach out!
These positive actions are in addition to the excellent value. Keep up the good work.
P.Davidson

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Me and my colleagues from Whatabugar stayed at this hotel and it was very nice the dinner at night was very very good and so was breakfast. The people that work there are so helpful the girl Brittani and Ruben that checked us in where very nice and he helped me fix the printer in the business center everything was very nice and i know that we will be staying there again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
tampa
Reviewed September 16, 2010

i just checkout the other day and i can not get over how wonderfull this hotel was the staff was just wonderful. The girl Brittany at thr front desk was so helpful and the maintance guy Frank really helped with great directions me and my family will be coming back there for football games it was great and breakfast with jamie everyday was nice

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I travel to Tallahassee almost weekly for business. I have always been a Residence Inn and Doubletree guy. When they were both sold out during my last visit, they suggested the Homewood Suites on Apalachee Parkway. I cannot thank them enough! This hotel was excellent from top to bottom. The staff was so friendly you would think you were at the Waldorf Astoria and the rooms were so comfortable and clean. When I arrived, one of the staff even said "welcome home"! I was just really immpressed. To a traveler who is on the road constantly, this means alot. My advise to anyone reading this is if you are going to Tallahassee, for any reason, do yourself a favor, stay at the Homewood Suites. You won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The staff and accommodations are over the top! The staff greets you when they see you, they go out of their way to help and take care of your needs. I stayed several days one week and came back the next. They remembered my name, helped me get my training supplies into the training room and provided incidental business services during my stay. They not only served us breakfast, but supper as well. I had to ask the manager where he was so lucky to get such a great staff. You won't be disappointed when you stay at this hotel! All of the rooms are suites with a seperate bedroom, 1 bath and a kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes and two burner cooktop There is a dining table with two chairs, a pullout couch, chair, coffee table, end table and flat screen TV in the living room area. It feels like home when you are away from home. They even say "Welcome Home to Homewood Suites when you arrive! I won't stay anywhere else when I come to Tallahassee now that I have found this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business