“Very nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
tampa bay
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is very nice. The location is great. Lots of restaurants near by and only 10 minutes from FSU.
The room was spacious and clean. The one and only complaint I had was the air conditioning was SOO loud and it was in the bedroom so it kept my family up so I had to turn the air off while we slept.
The pool area was nice. It had a small gym and a decent breakfast. The reason we picked this hotel was because it takes dogs for a nominal fee.
If I am in this area again I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If traveling with a dog make sure to get a first floor room. Our room was right near the exit and i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank slbca
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear SLBCA, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. We are always so excited to read great comments. I am so sorry for the air conditioner being too noisy. Please reach out to me so I may fix this problem. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your new home away from home.
850-402-9400 ext 2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This Hilton Homewood Suites is in a great location, is actually very nice with a lot of amenities and we were very happy with it until we went up to our room for the first time. The room was not cleaned well at all- there was hairs on the bedding, hairs on the bathroom floor around the toilet, and hairs on the floor of the tub. We asked for another room and was immediately given one along with an apology from the front desk clerk, Janelle. She was actually great and made us feel secure and that she cared. The second room was even worse, with hairs in the bathroom and on the shower walls, food stuffs in the cooktop/stove burners. We didn't even look in the bed. Janelle actually seemed embarrassed and again was very gracious and professional as she got us another room, this time on a different floor. I'm guessing that she did this so as to give us a room that was cleaned by different personnel. This room too had not been cleaned well at all, with dirty dishes with food on them in the dishwasher, again food pieces under the burners on the stove which was really disgusting, and hairs on the bathroom floor around the tiolet and in the shower. Again, we didn't even bother to look further. That was 3 out of 3 and we were absolutely ready to leave. But Janelle at the front desk was genuinely concerned and not happy about our experience, and my wife and I could tell that she was really trying hard. So we went to look at another bedroom, again on a different floor. This room was much better that the first 3 rooms that we went into. The stove/cooktop was not really clean and should have been cleaned much better but it was getting late and we were tired after a long day and a 9 hour drive through some pretty nasty weather. We stayed and did get a good nights sleep as the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was really great and was prepared by Mike and served buffet style- help yourself. Mike's biscuits and blueberry scones were fantastic and I did thank him. Later that day when returning to the hotel Janelle was again at the front desk and she greeted us and was very concerned about our welfare. If it wasn't for her we would have left long before but she did make out stay worthwhile and if we do ever go back to that hotel (we travel to Tallahassee often, sometimes 3 times a month and usually for a couple of days or more at a time) we hope to see her and have her take care of us again. She may be the only reason we go back. Hopefully they will have trained the cleaning staff to do the job right.

Room Tip: check the room out before unloading and bringing your luggage in as you may have to move to another...
Green Features: Don't really know, but I do know that they have a notice about towels and if they need to be changed on a daily basis or not.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Howlys
Dear Howlys Florida, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Please contact me so I may make this right. We want all of our guests to leave extremely satisfied and it seems we fell short of our expectations. Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon.
Cantonment, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I forgot how nice it was to stay @ Homestead suite. This was a very nice experience to share with family. The stay was great for entire family. Good food, great room, and quality service. Was very convenient for entire family and allowed family to have their own personal space.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Neil S
Dear Neal S, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. My staff and I love to see such wonderful comments from our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you need to visit your new home away from home.
Bristol, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a very nice place complete with your its own bedroom and "living room" area. Very nice kitchenette with all of the amenities of home. Great place to stay for the price. Everything was nice & clean and staff was very helpful. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dana M
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear DanaM,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. I look forward to meeting you personally the next time you visit your new home away from home! Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance with your future reservations.
Pleasant travels!
Ashley Schneider, General Manager, 850-402-9400
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at Homewood Suites while on our family vacation in Tallahassee. The suite was great and the staff where really nice. The food was wonderful breakfast as well as the evening meal. Since we never visited Tallahassee before we were not familiar with the area or sure what we wanted to see. We were given a map of the area, as well as suggestions on things to see. Location of Homewood Suites worked really well for us also. We were here to visit the capitol and it was exactly 3 miles right straight down the road. We enjoyed ourselves and had a wonderful vacation in Tallahassee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Maryr106,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. . I look forward to meeting you personally when you next visit your new home away from home! Pleasant travels!
Ashley Schneider, General Manager, 850-402-9400
Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Checking in was a breeze. My reservation was in order and in less than a minute I had my room key. I asked about a business center and the clerk confirmed and pointed to it, advising that it is open 24/7. My suite was clean and comfortable. I’ve stayed at the Homewood brand hotels before and this location is very much up to the standards that I have come to expect. The evening meal was on time and quite tasty and filling. This night they served Chicken Cordon Bleu, vegetable medley, rice pilaf, salad and rolls. Tea and lemonade as well as both a red and white wine were also available. I love the “home” setting of the Homewood brand and I can’t say much more. Upon reviewing the receipt placed under my door I found everything to be in order. The business center was straight forward. I printed documents I had prepared on my laptop. I’d like to single out their night auditor. When I came downstairs early to use the business center we struck-up a conversation. He was very knowledgeable and just as friendly and helpful as anyone could ever ask for. The breakfast provided was also quite tasty and filling. I enjoy staying at Homewood Suites because of the value and convenience of having two meals included in the rate on business evenings. I rate this hotel as a “very good.”

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Keithw999,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. We are so excited you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home. Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance with future reservations.
NC
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Particular liked the night staff and the basketball court! Breakfast was OK, but worked well for us since we were there for a Lacrosse tournament. Very accommodating to a large group of teen athletes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Gaucho27,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. We are so glad to know you and your group of lacrosse players enjoyed your visit with us! We realize our sports groups have “extra” needs and we do everything possible to make sure our large groups have everything they need. I did notice you shared “breakfast was ok”, so please know we welcome any recommendations you might have to improve our breakfast service. I look forward to meeting you personally when you next visit your new home away from home! Pleasant travels! Ashley Schneider, General Manager, 850-402-9400