“Great staff, comfortable rooms”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great staff, comfortable rooms”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Ashley, Krystal, Deedee, Jackie, Riley (I know I am missing a few) were excellent from the minute I checked in until I left 5 days later. They were always asking if I needed anything and if everything was okay with the room. Hotel was clean, food was excellent and the atmosphere was very comfortable. I was in lobby for a few hours a day working while my son slept (he had just had surgery) and I must say I was very impressed at how comfortable the lobby was, how all guest were treated, most being addressed by name. This is something that you do not see very often any more.

The internet was very slow around 4pm everyday. At times I could not get online. This was a bit frustrating but gave me a reason to quit work at 4pm
Overall excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Loved having a room at the end of the hall. Very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello Nancy A, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am contacting AT&T today, to see what could have been causing the internet connectivity. I will personally read your response in our next HUDDLE, to help boost the employee morale. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Was having some work done at my house that required the power and water to be shut off. Looked for a hotel with a decent price that had suites with a living room/kitchen and a bedroom. Wound up staying here. Room was clean. Everything worked. Two flat panel tvs. Didn't test the internet as I travel with my own since my major gripes with hotels is their horrible internet. At check out Kristl was probably the nicest front desk employee at a hotel ever.

Will definitely stay here again if I need to stay in my own town ever again.

Green Features: Typical green services most hotels offer. You know a towel on the floor equals a towel that needs to be replaced type of thing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Clayton J
Hello Clayton J, thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly appreciate the wonderful comments and I am excited to see Kristl was a pleasure for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager 850-402-9400 ext 2002
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel was clean, staff was courteous and the breakfast was great! In town for a family wedding and the staff couldn't have been nicer with restaurants, directions and the like. This hotel was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Theresa S, Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly appreciate the great comments and look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We arrived yesterday and today, as our reservation changed we were moved to a 2 bedroom unit. The second bedroom was unbearably foul smelling and the odor was from the bathroom. It was late at night when we came to our new suite and we were exhausted! My mom and I could hardly breathe. I churned up the air and closed the bathroom door to allow her to sleep. Room 418. Why do hotels think that anyone would be able to be comfortable with moldy air causing everyone to choke. As gold level hilton timeshare owners I can tell you I will go back to the other marriott owned properties we stayed at in tally in the past.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kathysav
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Kathysav, I really appreciate your taking the time to write about the experiences surrounding your most recent visit to our hotel - I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with your suite. Your feedback has allowed me to take action and correct these deficiencies. Your loyalty is our greatest reward, we want you to be Extremely Satisfied, every time you stay with us. Please contact me so I can make this right.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A brief stay in Tallahassee resulted in 2 nights in the Homewood Suites.

Excellent staff who went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. A very clean suite of rooms and welcomed evening meal.

Would have no hesitation to stay here again the next time I'm in Tallahassee.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear At1anticflyer, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy you have a very relaxing stay. We strive to have every guest feel as if they were in the comfort of their own home. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Regards, Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We asked for a quiet suite and we were given one. The receptionist could not have been more helpful. The suite consisted of a kitchen area with everything you need including crockery and cutlery and a coffee machine,and a table and chairs. The sitting area, had a sofa, chairs and a flat screen TV. There was a door to the bedroom which was large and comfortable with a flat screen TV. The bathroom had a bath and a loo, and the sink was outside as it is in a lot of Florida hotels. We had an excellent night's sleep. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Fbis, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit your new home away from home.
Ponte Vedra, FL, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was a good choice for us to stay at while visiting Florida State University for our HS Junior. The accommodates were roomy enough that we were able to get on room as there are two rooms in each room. Not too far away either (10 minutes). Great staff and clean accommodations!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear SeanM, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to be your home away from home if your HS student chooses to start college at FSU. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager 850-402-9400 ext 2002