“Cancelled rooms - left group without anywhere to stay”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Florida, Florida
“Cancelled rooms - left group without anywhere to stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had my credit card information compromised without my knowledge and my bank shut down the card (thank goodness). I had a reservation for four rooms holding at this hotel for over a month. Three days before we were to check in and the day I was notified from my bank about my credit card, I get a voicemail from this hotel saying they cancelled my reservations because my card was invalid. Then they nearly tripled the rate and refused to honor the rate I was initially given because they said the credit card information had changed. The manager also came up with new rules and restrictions I was not notified of when I booked the room. The manager said she was sure I could find somewhere else to stay. She said she didn't have to call me to get a new credit card and I should have notified them of the change. I would have loved to however the call from my bank was no more than one hour prior to this hotel canceling all my rooms. The manager at this location made it very clear that she did not care and would not care. Scary since she's working in the service industry. I am a long time Hilton customer and after speaking with guest services to report this manager's lack of concern and amazingly poor attitude, I was told the report would be filed but it was up to the discretion of the management at each hotel to make changes to reservations like this. So, if you're planning to stay at Hilton, hope to goodness that nothing ever happens to your credit card because at this location, your rooms will get cancelled and you won't even get a call to find out if you would like to keep the rooms - they'll just cancel them. IF you can get them back, then your rate can change and there is zero appreciation for why there was a credit card change in the first place. I travel constantly for business, hold meetings in hotels, etc. and have always stayed at Hilton however, because of this experience, I have become a Marriott customer from here on out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry the cancellation policy did not meet your needs. We try to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and will use your feedback to improve our current processes. We value your business and would hate to lose you as our loyal guest. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your concerns.

Kind regards,

Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The employees were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. Ben at the front desk was great and even offered to babysit my dog while we had dinner. The hotel breakfasts were great and they even offer free wine/beer and dinner on weekdays. You really can't find a better place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. Our staff takes pride in their customer service. They are always willing to go above and beyond to make every guest feel as if they were in the comfort of their home. Please contact me the next time you plan to visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400
New Market, Maryland
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have stayed here a number of time when visiting family in Tallahassee. The staff, especially Janelle on the front desk and Jackie (and Riley) handling the manager's reception and Breakfasts were superb! The room was top notch. Will be back again. One hint - if a light sleeper stay away from the x02 rooms which are closer to relatively quiet but no silent elevators

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. Jackie, Riley, and Janelle will be ecstatic to see your review as they care so much about our guests "family". We are so happy you found your home away from home and are always here to help with your lodging needs.
Best Regards,
Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great hotel.....FSU football team stayed at the Hampton Inn across the parking lot and ate breakfast at Homewood on game day and had team meetings upstairs. Lobby was decorated with Fall items and was very inviting. Reception on Friday evening was very nice with wings, FREE beer and sodas!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. We are truly happy you had a great time. The wings in beer go well with football game weekends and glad you found them to be tasty. We love to decorate the hotel with what is going on in town and for the holiday's. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

All of the employees were very friendly, professional, caring and very service oriented. I was there for the FAMU homecoming and we were made very welcome by the decorations of the hotel. The breakfast and dinner menus were excellent, also. Janelle and Rasheeda and all staff provided excellent service and friendliness from the time we arrived.

I have shared this good experience with the Florida A & M Unviersity personnel and friends.

Angie Wead

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. Excellent service is what we strive for and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We love to decorate for all the holiday's and want every guest to feel at home. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
BILOXI MS, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Decided to come here for my birthday weekend. I met my girlfriend who lives in Tampa. This is a perfect halfway point for us. My son loves the basketball court and so do I. The location is perfect, you have a nice mall down the street and if you come visit FUN STATION and ride the go carts. I will be back for 4th stay soon. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. Happy Belated Birthday! We are so happy you choose us to be your home away from home. Please contact me if you ever have any trouble making reservations, I would be happy to assist.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed at Homewood Suites in Tallahassee several times. Traveling with our son, my wife and I like having the sofa bed in the separate area next to the bedroom, as well as a small kitchen area with a stove and refrigerator. A fine morning breakfast is included with the room, as is a complete dinner (Monday through Thursday), and served with wine. An outstanding total experience. At all times, the staff was friendly, happy and helpful. The business center printers were not working, making it impossible to print my boarding passes for our morning flight. The desk staff person allowed me to use the hotel computer and printer to obtain my boarding pass, which made the airport check in experience less stressful. Homewood Suites in Tallahassee continues to impress.

1 Thank leoedward1946
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee! Continues to Impress is what we strive for. Our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for all our guests'. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager