“OUTDATED”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Friendly staff very clean however the room was very small and outdated. In addition, the hotel was located a good distance from the Interstate. It is set back from the road it is on and I had difficulty finding it.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Eaan B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Homewood Suites. I am truly sorry you had a hard time finding our hotel. The staff here takes pride in their customer service and is always willing to help out. We will be updating the rooms decor over the next few months and cant wait for your return. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is very central in the city of Tallahassee. It is located on Appalachee Parkway but really close to Capital Circle as well. There is an evening reception and a hot breakfast. The clerk that checked us in was very helpful. We arrived early and she allowed us to check in; as she recognized our honors membership status.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. I am glad my staff was able to accommodate your every need. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you need to visit your home away from home.
Kind Regards,
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This Homewood is just like any other one in any other city USA. What made me write this review was the staff was exceptionally nice at this particular hotel. I travel frequently and most staff members are just going through the motions and obviously wanting to be somewhere else. Here, they go out of their way to make guest feel special. I stayed Thursday night and Ashley and Laura (maybe Lauren) were just as professional as the day is long. From check in to check out - it is just a very well run hotel. Even the staff picking up the dishes were over the top courteous.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

"Exceptional Staff" is the way we like our reviews! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Homewood Suites. Our staff takes pride in their service and always go above and beyond the call of duty. We will share this review at our next full staff meeting. Please do not hesitate to contact me for future reservations at your home away from home.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times. We like having the sleeping area separated from the living area of the suite. When we first checked into the hotel the room we were given had an offensive odor. We called the front desk and were immediately moved to another suite.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so excited you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being a loyal customer and I am so happy my staff was able to accommodate your room change. Our staff strives to have excellent customer service and we are very proud of them.
Ashley Schneider

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel years ago and was thoroughly impressed. However, I was quite surprised at how it has not been maintained very well. The carpet was old and the room did not smell fresh. This hotel needs to be renovated to Hilton standards. On a positive note, the staff was great and I enjoyed the food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We do have plans to renovate throughout the next year. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and meals. The staff takes pride in their customer service! The dinner chef takes a huge amount of pride in her food as well. Thank you,
Ashley Schneider-GM

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Not the nicest or cleanest Hilton I've stayed in, but it is the only one I've stayed in with free dinner (decent dinner at that, not finger food like other hotels) with unlimited complementary beer and wine. Oh yea. Breakfast is what you would expect.

Staff is friendly.

The rooms are nice with kitchen, living room, and two doubles in a separate room (and two TVs). The first night our AC didn't work...they sent a guy to fix it...then it broke again....they gave us a different room with a working AC, although I wish we would have gotten a free upgrade as that first night was very uncomfortable.

Location is pretty okay...close to the mall and places to eat.

Worth noting - pool is really small and lack-luster....certainly not what we expected. Looked like a pool you would see at a $39/night place.

All in all though a nice place and I would not hesitate staying there again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is kinda cool - has staircase going directly into the dinner/lounge area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The dinner and drinks is always something nice to come home to after a long day of work. Please do not hesitate to contact me upon your return to Tallahassee and I will personally handle your reservations.
Ashley Schneider

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The property is becoming a bit tired, my room bed sheets were very worn and the bathroom shower really smelled like mildew/mold. As a Diamond member, this was a sub par experience. The staff is friendly and professional. Lots of nearby restr options. 15 to airport

• Stayed: June 2013
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so very happy to announce that we are changing all the bedding in the entire hotel. I just processed an order earlier this week and can not wait for your next visit, we think you will be extremely satisfied. Our staff takes pride in their customer service, thank you for saying how friendly they were.