“What a Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“What a Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Tallahassee for Christmas to visit family. Truly amazing hotel and they even allow pets. We brought our two dogs and they enjoyed the suite. The front desk even has dog bones at the desk. The breakfast and dinner was amazing! The management team there knows what customer service is about. Kuddos to the entire team at Homewood. Next time we travel from Miami we will always stay there! Thank you for a wonderful stay and the dogs thank you for the bones

Room Tip: First floor in the back if you have dogs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Tallahassee! We love receiving great comments and I have shared all comments with my entire staff. We really enjoyed meeting you and loved playing with the dogs. We look forward to your next visit in Tallahassee and don't forget, we are your home away from home. Also, don't forget the puppies!

Ashley Schneider-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I chose this hotel as we were in town to visit,and care, for my ill father. We booked (2) rooms, each with 2 queens for our whole family. Upon arrival, we were unable to get one of the rooms - it was not available as prior guests extended their stays - and had to take a room with 1 king. We were able to get the 2nd queen room our second day there. We were given rooms on the first floor, across from the elevator, facing the front of the hotel which was very noisy. As a Hilton Honors member, I specifically request rooms away from an elevator. Maybe the double queens were only located here? If so, it was not explained to me at check in.

I am usually very positive about Hilton hotels, but in this case, I find I cannot. The sink was cracked in the bath area, the floor tile was cracked in the bathroom, the air conditioning intake in both rooms was appallingly filthy, the armchair had a chunk missing from the corner, and there was dirt in many places in the room. In general, it was hard to believe that this hotel was built in 2002. My son even noted that the bagels were moldy for breakfast one morning. As I am visiting my father every 3 months, I am sorry to say that we will not return to Homewood.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank T F
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites Tallahassee during your recent visit to Tallahassee.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel.

You can be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed. May I ask you? Did you ever share your concerns with the staff? If yes, what did they do for you?

I would like to discuss this further with you, so please call me anytime at 850-402-9400. We stand by our 100% Guarantee policy, so please call me and I can make this right. We value you as a guest and would love for another chance.

Jefferson, NY
Reviewed December 17, 2012

What a true pleasure it was to stay at this Homewood! By far their greatest strength was the staff; one-and-all both professional and very kind and hospitable. I travel constantly for my job and have stayed at well over 25 different Hilton hotels nation wide, of which about 4-5 have been Homewood Suites and this hotel, without question has the best staff. If there is ever an issue from the mundane ("tell me about a nice, upscale restaurant to try nearby") to the problematic (I had a broken dishwasher) you are listened to and responded to in an informed, kind and problem-solving way. I have typically found in my hotel stays that there is at least one "rotten apple" among the hotel staff, but not so here. The front desk staff were never brusque as I have often experienced at other hotels, but instead were always ready with a professional kindness. Housekeeping was friendly and responsive as was maintenance. It showed that this came from the management: The GM, Ashley clearly knows her job, responds to her customers and combines that with a very approachable friendliness. Jason Dugan, a regional sales director I met at the hotel, greeted me the first day we met with "Welcome home..." as I entered the hotel. It is that attitude that makes this hotel a clear winner for extended stays where you want a warm environment. To close, I do want to make special mention of "Jackie" (?? - maybe wrong name) from their kitchen: a wonderful lady who goes out of her way to make their evening reception meal time absolutely superior to any other hotel that offers similar service. My great thanks to this hotel for making my stay outstanding!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Russell S
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We miss you as our long term family member. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us for the past several months. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and the comments brought a huge smile to all the employee's faces. Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We hope to have you back as soon as you return to Tallahassee. WE MISS YOU!

Regards,

texas
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently stayed at this Homewood Suites while traveling from Texas to Orlando. The hotel is an older property located on a cul de sac adjacent to a Hampton Inn. We did an E check in but our keys were not ready when we arrived. The lobby of the hotel is very nice and looks updated.
Once you go into the other part of the hotel, the property looks older. Our room was a one bedroom on the first floor. We are Diamond members who have stayed at many Homewood Suites. This hotel differed than most of the Homewood's we have stayed in. The rooms are smaller, there is no ceiling fan, no DVD and no desk in the bedroom. The refrigerator was a full size one but a very small one. There were flat screen TVs in both the living room and bedroom but had a very limited cable lineup. The breakfast was very nice and restocked promptly. This hotel is quite a distance from Interstate 10. If traveling through this area again, I would try another property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RDWACW,

Thank you for taking the time to review our HOmewood Suites by Hilton in Tallahassee. Your feedback is very important to us and our ownership. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and the ownership. I can also say, we are installing a better channel line up today with several more channels to choose from and most our in HD. We do hope you will give us another chance if you ever travel back to Tallahassee. We strive for outstanding customer service and clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of the Homewood Suites Tallahassee.

Regards,
new orleans
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night while traveling to Disney World. If you're looking for something close to I-10 you may want to look elsewhere. Its about a 20 minute drive from the interstate. Check in was very quick and the lobby was very warm and inviting. Walking through the corridors to your room can be very confusing as there is limited signage within the oddly shaped building. While the decor of the suite was very dated, it was very clean and well maintained. The beds were extremely comfortable and i like that the bed contained both feather and non-feather pillows. The fitness room is tiny with 3 cardio machines and a few weights. Very small but I still got in a good workout. Breakfast offered a nice variety, although you could tell they use the "powdered eggs" which arent the best tasting. My son really loved that he could make his own waffle and it actually tased great. Overall we would definitely stay here again when passing through but the hotel ownership could stand to pump a few dollars into renovations.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank kretpa
Hello,

We hope you had an amazing time at Disney World!

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites in Tallahassee. I am very glad your son enjoyed making the waffle. We have updated our Breakfast/Dinner menu since your last visit. We strive to have outstanding customer service anf clean surroundings. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and also posted a copy in the back office. Again, thank you for taking the time and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I had a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite which was great traveling with children. We checked in at 5:45 p.m. and the room was not ready. However, the lady at the front desk was kind and did give us a break on the price of the room due to having to wait until nearly 6:30 p.m. to check in. The accommodations were dated. The floor of the kitchenette area was extremely sticky and not cleaned well. The only thing this hotel has is its employees who were more than friendly. The property needs a renovation soon. The friendliness of the staff will only go so far! We were not impressed and probably will try something else next time we pass through Tallahassee.

Room Tip: "If traveling with children or another couple, choose a 2 bedroom suite."
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m_kercher
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We’re so glad you and your family chose to stay with us. I apologize for the delay at check-in and we appreciate your flexibility. We will be updating the rest of the fourth and fifth floor rooms at the beginning of the new year. We did refresh the first, second, and third floor rooms already. I’m working with our housekeeping staff to ensure that we’re meeting our high standards in cleanliness. We’ll keep your feedback in mind as we look for refresh opportunities and we hope you come back to see us for an improved experience. Please contact me for any future reservations you may need.

850-402-9400 ext. 2002
Inverness Fl
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Greeted with a warm welcome by general manager Ashley. She is always kind, bubbly and will help you with anything you need. Loved the good meals especially the manager's reception with a lot of good food to eat. Beer and wine too! Jackie that serves the evening meal was so friendly and pleasant to talk to. She kept the food coming and always asked if you needed more.
The room was nice with a seperate bedroom. We will certainly be stopping here again on our next trip to Tallahassee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank smooklaru
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Homewood Suites Tallahassee. It was a pleasure to meet you and have you stay with us. I have shared your review with my entire staff and they are pleased as well. We look forward to your next visit at your home away from home.

850-402-9400 ext. 2002