“Serves its purpose”

GreenLeadersSilver level
new orleans
“Serves its purpose”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night while traveling to Disney World. If you're looking for something close to I-10 you may want to look elsewhere. Its about a 20 minute drive from the interstate. Check in was very quick and the lobby was very warm and inviting. Walking through the corridors to your room can be very confusing as there is limited signage within the oddly shaped building. While the decor of the suite was very dated, it was very clean and well maintained. The beds were extremely comfortable and i like that the bed contained both feather and non-feather pillows. The fitness room is tiny with 3 cardio machines and a few weights. Very small but I still got in a good workout. Breakfast offered a nice variety, although you could tell they use the "powdered eggs" which arent the best tasting. My son really loved that he could make his own waffle and it actually tased great. Overall we would definitely stay here again when passing through but the hotel ownership could stand to pump a few dollars into renovations.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank kretpa
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello,

We hope you had an amazing time at Disney World!

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites in Tallahassee. I am very glad your son enjoyed making the waffle. We have updated our Breakfast/Dinner menu since your last visit. We strive to have outstanding customer service anf clean surroundings. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and also posted a copy in the back office. Again, thank you for taking the time and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Ashley Schneider-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I had a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite which was great traveling with children. We checked in at 5:45 p.m. and the room was not ready. However, the lady at the front desk was kind and did give us a break on the price of the room due to having to wait until nearly 6:30 p.m. to check in. The accommodations were dated. The floor of the kitchenette area was extremely sticky and not cleaned well. The only thing this hotel has is its employees who were more than friendly. The property needs a renovation soon. The friendliness of the staff will only go so far! We were not impressed and probably will try something else next time we pass through Tallahassee.

Room Tip: "If traveling with children or another couple, choose a 2 bedroom suite."
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m_kercher
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We’re so glad you and your family chose to stay with us. I apologize for the delay at check-in and we appreciate your flexibility. We will be updating the rest of the fourth and fifth floor rooms at the beginning of the new year. We did refresh the first, second, and third floor rooms already. I’m working with our housekeeping staff to ensure that we’re meeting our high standards in cleanliness. We’ll keep your feedback in mind as we look for refresh opportunities and we hope you come back to see us for an improved experience. Please contact me for any future reservations you may need.

850-402-9400 ext. 2002
Inverness Fl
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Greeted with a warm welcome by general manager Ashley. She is always kind, bubbly and will help you with anything you need. Loved the good meals especially the manager's reception with a lot of good food to eat. Beer and wine too! Jackie that serves the evening meal was so friendly and pleasant to talk to. She kept the food coming and always asked if you needed more.
The room was nice with a seperate bedroom. We will certainly be stopping here again on our next trip to Tallahassee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank smooklaru
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Homewood Suites Tallahassee. It was a pleasure to meet you and have you stay with us. I have shared your review with my entire staff and they are pleased as well. We look forward to your next visit at your home away from home.

850-402-9400 ext. 2002
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment I arrived and was greeted "Welcome home!" to the fast and friendly check-out, this place truly set the bar.
I was sent to Tallahassee on a business trip and the entity I was meetings setup the rooms at this property. I had stayed at another one in the Orlando area some years back and was not all that impressed. But I went into things with an open mind.
Arriving exhausted after a long day's drive all I wanted to do was get into a hot shower followed by a soft bed. The check-in process took all of about 5 minutes much of which was my asking questions about the area.
The room was wonderful. Immaculately clean at check-in and throughout my stay, the room is actually more like a full one bedroom apartment. The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked without fail. Large screen TVs with every channel known to man make for some truly relaxing time while in the room.
Each morning a full breakfast was offered and each evening dinner was also served. Breakfast included everything from fresh fruits and yogurt to coffee and various juices. Dinner each night included a salad, an entree, and cookies for dessert. And all of this is at no additional cost. The meals were all filling and tasty and there was always plenty to go around. About the only negative was the lack of enough tables. Two more full sized tables would have been nice but this didn't keep me from eating in front of the TV.
The bottom line on this one is simple. If you are going to be in Florida's State Capital, why not stay in a place where you are comfortable, safe, pampered, and seemingly appreciated? That pretty much sums up how I felt after having stayed here.
Kudos to the management and staff of this property. And sincere thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I really liked the location of my room - first floor in the first corridor. Nice and close to everyt...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JWils0n
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites by Hilton. We strive for excellence and want every guest's to feel like they are home and not just at another hotel. I will be posting your comments on the wall so my entire staff can read, this will definitely boost employee morale.

Ashley Schneider-General Manager Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed October 12, 2012

All I have to say is WOW! I was styling there for a work related event and everyone, I mean everyone from management, staff and other guests. It simply a joy to stay there and thy welcomed both our dogs with open arms. The Roos were very clean, nice a big. The hot breakfasts and hot complimentary diners wrer wonderfully coked/prepared with love and kindness. All staff had a smile on their face and were willing to help/assist in any way possible to make your stay enjoyable and stress free. Ashley, the hotel manager was awesome. She is so keen to customer satisfaction and really strives to have an excellent hotel. I will be going back again. Thank you so much for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Bean50bowman
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites! We really enjoyed you and your pets in our hotel. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and they all had a smile on their face when they left the meeting.

We look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home.

Ashley Schneider-GM
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times since it opened several years ago. The staff is always friendly and helpful but the rooms are starting to show some signs of wear and tear. The last few times I have stayed here, the sink in the bathroom each time had a terrible stench. At first I thought there was something wrong with the water. I noticed when I opened the cabinet below the sink the smell got worse so I'm guessing it is in the pipes. Since the sink backs up terribly any time the water is turned on, I can assume there is years of dirt/hair in the pipes causing the smell and backup. I can't believe housekeeping doesn't notice that and notify the management to have this cleaned. Don't see how they can miss that when they clean the rooms. I've stayed in different rooms on the top floor and it was an issue each time. Also as someone else mentioned, the couches are stained/dirty and the bathtubs have stains that obviously won't come out. There were also a few days when I came back to the room to find I had no washclothes or hand towels left by housekeeping. I had to go to the front desk to ask and the front desk staff was very helpful in obtaining these for me.

It's really a shame to have these issues since usually Homewood Suites are nicer than other hotels. However I will say again that the staff is excellent and very responsive to any requests. My only other complaint is the channel selection is very limited. Most hotels have the usual entertainment channels - however as I recall this hotel doesn't have a lot of the usual channels such as MTV, VH-1, E, etc. There aren't a lot of channels which is surprising since I've stayed at Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn hotels that had over 80 channels.

Since Tallahassee doesn't have a lot of high end hotels, I always stay here due to the fact I receive excellent service, the rooms aren't outright dirty (other than the issues mentioned) and well I'm a Hilton brat. I've stayed at a few downtown hotels and found them to be too noisy and paying for self parking was ridiculous. The location of Homewood Suites is very good since there is no traffic noise and it is convenient to most things. The beds are always clean and comfortable and the food offerings are a nice addition. I just wish these few issues could be fixed because overall it's a nice hotel and the hotel staff is outstanding. Maybe the rooms I stay in are just used more than others since I always try to stay on the top floor. Perhaps other guests do the same which causes more wear and tear.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kimmyh24
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites! I would love to speak with you regarding the housekeeping and maintenance issues you had durng your last stay.

We are in the process of upgrading our channel selection and this should be done by year end. We have also replaced all the sofabeds on the first three floors and will have the fourth and fifth floors finished soon.

I have shared your comments with my entire staff and thank you for the positive feedback on my staff. We strive to be the best in customer service at all times.

Please call me, so we can talk more and I can make your reservation the next time you visit your home away from home.

Ashley Schneider-GM 850.402.9400
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. The experience is consistent. The rooms are spacious and clean, the bathrooms and furniture are well kept and cared for. There are kitchen appliances in the small kitchenette. The living space has pull out couch which is helpful. The wifi is fast and easy to connect. This hotel has a morning breakfast. It's an excellent free breakfast featuring waffles, sausages, eggs, toast, bagels, and fresh fruit with an assortment of juices and coffee. There's also cereals for the little guys. We visit this hotel when visiting our son who is attending college in Tallahassee. It's a great place to stay and the rates are typically pretty good except for game day weekends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites.

I have shared your comments with my entire staff and they all had a smile on their face.

We look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home!

Ashley Schneider-GM