“Homewood Suites Tallahassee, Lifesaver”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saddle Brook
“Homewood Suites Tallahassee, Lifesaver”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I recently found myself in Tallahassee, unexpectedly, due to some very unfortunate personal circumstances. My son was recovering from major back surgery. I cannot express the level of care and personal attention that we were given. It started with telling our circumstances to the General Manager, Todd Middleton. He could not have been nicer or more accommodating.
He was not alone, The entire staff from front desk personnel, to cooking staff, housekeeping, maintenance, each went out of their way, to not only do their job, but over and above what you would ever expect. This trip obviously was not one for pleasure. However, in the future, I know where I will stay whenever in Tallahassee. Or for that matter, anywhere. Very pleased with this Hilton experience, Plan to spend our future "vacations" at Hilton properties.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors overlooking the pool. The landscape behind was beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marianne F
ToddMiddleton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the review of our Homewood Suites!

We loved having you and your son here and it was a pleasure getting to know you both.

We can't wait to see you again soon!!

Todd Middleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife recently checked into this hotel w/her mother and 18 year old autistic son. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member she was greeted personally by the front desk and staff, upgraded to adjoining rooms and continueosly checked on to determine if there was anything else that could be done to accomodate their needs.My autistic step- son was personally greeted on every occasion and was made to feel like an extended member of the hotel family. This hotel takes great pride in how they present themselves and make it a point to pay attention to detail. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, its staff, its accomodations and the excellent level of service they provide

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank steve s
Thank you so much for your review of our Homewood Suites! Your letter and review made me so proud to be the General Manager of this hotel. I am so thrilled we had an impact on your son and he will always be a part of our extended family!! We can't wait to see you again soon.

Todd Middleton
Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, and it worked out very well. We went here for a business meeting. It was a lot better than we expected. It worked out really well for us because there were 2 couples, and instead of getting 2 rooms, we had the 2 bedrooms and were able to share the kitchen and living room space. That allowed us to enjoy evening drinks.

- We were happily surprised to find out they were serving a free dinner. It was lasagna, green beans, garlic bread, and salad bar. Also, free wine, beer, tea, and coffee. The dinner was average in quality.
- They had a free breakfast buffet. Eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes, and an assortment of muffins/toast/bagels. Breakfast was very good.
- The safe was really nice. There were plenty of people to help us.
- We had a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom suite. It had a large flat screen tv in the living room and also 2 small tv's in the bedroom. The carpet was worn. The couch was worn but clean. The bedding was new and clean. The kitchen had a dishwasher, full fridge, burners, and a microwave. They also had dishes and silverware. I don't remember if they had pots and pans. I'm thinking they did not.
- They had a pool, but no hot tub.
- The fitness center had 3 treadmills with tv's on each.

It was our first time at a homewood suites (I think! We travel a lot) and I would certainly stay in one again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank SunshineSeeker71
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The good: Location and price are very good

The bad: Better hope you don't have an interior room when kids are playing basketball as the thin walls do little to stop the noise. A call to front desk to complain and the response was -" official cut-off time is 10pm! Although the overall breakfast set up is nice if you enjoy a warm breakfast the quality is really lacking;ie: sausage tasted like cardboard and the eggs were water downed. I'd rather stay at the Candlewood Hotel & suites on Monroe- Bigger,nicer and quieter bedrooms, cleaner over all with suites having beautiful kitchen areas. I'll make my own breakfast.

BTW- Expect a whopping charge of $20 when you rent a movie through the hotels TV service!

Room Tip: Choose an exterior facing room as the noise from recreation area permeates right through the walls.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fldave
chicago il
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We did have a good night sleep, which is important to a picky me. Here are the Pros & Cons.

Pros: Good & quiet location, not near highway (which can be a pro for us but con for others). Staff very nice and accomandating. A seafood and steak house next door. Newer bedding & clean. Good breakfast with bacon, potota and waffel maker. Quiet air conditioning. No mold smell or anything.

Cons: Upon arrival I tried to make hot water and found two heavily stained porcelain tea cups. At the living area of the one bedroom suite you can hear pretty clearly when others open the close their doors as the doors are heavy. There are a row of black stains on the sofa coushion, I'm not sure what it is. Luckily it was late my son only slept on the sofabed (minus the coushions) so we didn't have to sit on the sofa. Feels like the hotel delayed some much needed updates due to the economy.

This hotel is also next door to a Hampton Inn, I'm not sure how the room rates differ though.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank yunshii
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I always like staying at the Homewood Suites when I come into town for business and love the free meals and free beverages from 5-7, the staff are helpful and it's all good, but there is one thing that I don't even know if the establishment can do anything about.....this is that every morning you can hear the toilets flushed and the showers taken in the surrounding rooms, it is almost like you want to knock on doors and say "do you really need that LONG of a shower?" But, sorry I have to share ,...I will stay again and love the hotel and the perks! Thanks

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pcaqua
Navarre fl
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband, my one year old daughter and I stay in Tallahassee at least once a week for my husband's job. We have made Homewood Suites our home away from home because the staff here is so friendly and really make you feel family. Hannah was especially nice and kind this go round and really made my night! Thanks Hannah and all the staff at Homewood for always going above and beyond! You guys are awesome!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business