“Warning and message to management”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Let me first say that prior to last nights stay, I have never been inclined to review, favorably or unfavorably, any of the places where we have stayed. Since these reviews formed the basis of our decision to stay at this hotel, I feel compelled to pass on our decision hoping to spur some action from management and prevent others from making what turned out to be a mistake. If you like staying in a room that looks like it has recently been occupied by some sloppy teenage boys who left without picking up a thing, this is the place for you. If you fear sitting on the couch or bed without first laying down a towel, give them a call. Like a bathroom that might have been cleaned by a sight impaired maid? You will love it. Are you the kind of person that likes wondering the source of brown smear on the bathroom wall? You will think you hit the jackpot. Like the other reviewers have commented, the help at the front desk and breakfast seemed very hard working.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eclamont

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed at homewood suites the weekend after memorial day. The front desk service was excellent and very accommodating. But the room, smelled like smoke and stale. When we walked into the room, we opened the windows and then left for a couple of hours. When we came back, it still had the same smell. We asked for air freshener and they brought it but it didn't help. Then when we were going to sleep we noticed how loud the ac was. It wasn't horrible but we are Hilton honors which means that we stay at all brands of Hilton hotels and expected more. I noticed others had complained but nothing has or will be done. Note to homewood: check your ac units, and make random follow-up checks of your rooms after housekeeping leaves.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Lattegirl10
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Its Friday, April 1, 2011 and I am running very late heading to Tallahassee from Gainesville for my son’s Senior Air Force
Military Formal Banquet at the University Club. My daughter and I check in and I was excited to see Brittany’s familiar face.
She is the sweetest front desk person I have met at a hotel property in years. Her smile alone makes my day! We greet each
other and it was so nice because she not only had a professional welcome but she remembered me as a former guest and
I told her how happy I was that she was still at this Homewood property. I told her how I was so anxious because I was running
so late and had to get ready for this very special evening for my son. My normal preference in an upper floor away from the elevator
which she had reserved for me but I was traveling with my daughter who had just had foot surgery and I asked could we have a first
floor double room close to the desk so she quickly honored my request and off to the room we went.

When I was getting ready, my son called me frantic that his printer was not working at his apartment and needed me to print off his big speech for the evening, since he knew your property had a business center. Now not only was I running SUPER late, but now I had to stop
by the business center and print something. Needless to say I was in a panic, but at that thought I remembered Brittney. I picked up
the phone and told Brittany my dilemma and she GRAIOUSLY offered for me to send it to her and she would print off to save me those
extra minutes I so desperately could not afford to lose.

Being in the hospitality business myself, I have to say Brittney’s customer service was above and beyond, from her welcoming smile that
impressed me from the very first time I stayed at your property to how she saved me what could have been 15 minutes in the business
center. I know this seems like a very small deed but to me it MADE MY NIGHT!!!

Thank you for hiring such a warm caring person that truly knows what it means to put service above self! I hope you share this with her and the other members of your staff as well.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfectly appointed
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2011

On the plus side we had a spacious suite with a full kitchen and speedy internet. It was very quiet. However, we must have had a different set of employees than some of you. There was no one at reception when we checked in or the next morning when I had an issue. Similarly, the staff looking after the breakfast buffet did not do a good job of replenishing it in a timely fashion. I asked for and received a reduction in my rate because of the shabby condition of the furniture. All four corners of the coffee table had been chewn by someone's pet, as well as the outer corners of the easy chair. There were stains on the kitchen chairs. Finally, come out of the dark ages and replace the VHR with a DVD player please.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ToddMiddleton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality and service you expect and deserve from Homewood Suites in Tallahassee. Your feedback is valuable and we’ll be reaching out to you to make this right.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

What a great place to stop and recuperate! We're traveling from Ft. Myers to Missouri and after a long day of driving what a pleasure to walk into the Homewood Suites lobby and be greeted with bursting smiles and friendly faces! All the road rage, white stripe highway hypnotic trance and fatigue gone in 2 seconds. This is what I like about the Hilton properties; consistency in their staff! I was greeted by two of the most friendly and outgoing personalities I've seen in my travels; Audra and Andi. They immediately jumped to attention to ensure that all my needs were met, and more! To me, a room is a room, but people really make the difference. I heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

On our last leg of a long motorcycle trip, we stopped in as it was getting dark. The place was not full by any means. We asked for a king room, and we were accommodated. The clerk gave me the rate I asked for based on my club membership. The hotel is nice, but it has some aging finishes that are worn and getting dirty. The bed was a little old and my wife had trouble sleeping.

The breakfast in the morning was good, and they had a variety of food for even the healthy eater. Too cold to partake in the outdoor swimming pool, and there was no hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Arrived tired from my drive, the first problem was no heat in the master bedroom and dirty couch/sleeper sofa. I complained to the clerk, moved to another room same problem. I went online and filed complaint with corporate and was told the manager had three buisness days to address my compalint, to this date no call from the local manager or corporate.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
ToddMiddleton, Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you expect and deserve from Homewood. Your feedback is valuable and we’ll be reaching out to you to make this right.