“Horrible”

Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Horrible”
Reviewed March 30, 2006

Charged us for 2 rooms and we cannot get a refund! Nobody seems to know how to fix the problem. Will never stay there again. They did the same thing to my sister-in-law.

• Stayed March 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 1, 2004

Spent two nights in mid-December 03. Room was in good condition. Staff was always nice. Possibly understaffed. Service levels are reduced from normal Courtyard and Flag Marriotts. Room lost power, did not have ability to reset. I had to move my bags et al myself and even take cart back downstairs. Rooms were clean and appointed fine, the suite was not a real suite, just a half wall separating a single otherwise large room. My second night I was in a regular room. Lastly, I'm a platinum level and they failed to give me credit for either night. I will correct, however, Fairfields are obviously not typical Marriott properties so expect it to a non-servicce driven property.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2003

My wife and I attended a national car show (AACA) and stayed at the Marriott on North Monroe St. the nights of Nov. 7 and 8, 2003. We went to the hotel to check in about 3:30 pm and there were 3 long lines of about 15 people in each line. The computers had been down and people could not check in. BAD...especially when you are having a large convention/show crowd. We had a confirmed reservation for a king bed and after we finally got our room key, went upstairs and we had two double beds. Luckily, we did not have to stand in line again and a room service clerk on our floor found an available room and called the front desk to change us. There was no television guide in the room but the television had one when watching it. It went up to channel 99 - but the television (COMSTAT) onlywent up to 39. When the channel showed WEATHER, it was nickolodeum. When it was on something else, it was on ESPN...completely wrong. No weather channel, no CNN, no food channel, hey, we did have HBO (wow). Plus, the remote barely changed the channels but the front desk said it was because of the delay. Friends of ours checked into their king room, and had no dresser and no table. So I guess we should be considered lucky. The restaurant in the morning was terrible. They only had a buffet ($6.00) but there was hardly any food on it. The waitress said they would be getting more food but it would be a while. She said she was having a hard time getting them to get food out. Great job during a group attending the hotel. Also, during the evening, one bartender for a large crowd coming back from a banquet about 9:30 pm. It took a while to get a drink. Just before checking out the hotel offered people attending an extra night at half the convention rate. I don't think so....After staying at so many nice Marriott's - this was really a let down...

4 Thank norme-ormond