“Choose somewhere else to stay”

Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10
Ranked #34 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family and I had booked this hotel for four nights but after staying for only two, we'd had enough. Just a word of warning, this area has a lot of homeless people walking around. We encountered three during the first 15 minutes of being here. There is no security guard or guarded parking either.
After being woken up at 6:55 am by a noisy group of next door neighbors apparently having a conference in their room, we'd had enough. We could hear whole words, not just murmurs, which should tell you how thin the walls were. The first morning there it was almost impossible for us to eat from the breakfast buffet because they'd run out of plates and forks. One of the staff members finally left, went to Walmart, and bought more. By this time, everyone waiting to eat had to form a long line to get food. The biscuits were hard, almost to the point of not being able to cut them with a knife. We had ants in our room, mainly in the bathroom. There was a plastic cover to a disposable razor left in the room, presumably from the previous guest... which makes me wonder if they even vacuumed between guests! At night we could hear what sounded like people running track in the room above us. When we explained to the receptionist that we were leaving two days early due to the noise, she told us it was probably a good idea because there was another big group checking in that day. For the price we paid, there are better options elsewhere, I'm sure!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deebeeinar
Cynette S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Frist Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Secondly I want to let you know that understand your frustration, as you should have expected a clean fresh room peaceful room in addition to a nice error free breakfast. I can assure you that these issues have been addressed and I have taken care of everything. I thank you for sharing your experience with me

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on the way from Tampa to New Orleans to break up the trip. We checked in at 8:30 PM on Fri. night and had a nice swim in the indoor pool. We were given a choice of where our room would be. Since I was traveling without my husband, I asked for something on the 1st floor close to the front desk.

Everything was very clean and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was served at 7:10 AM and included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and white gravy, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, orange & cranberry juice and misc. breads/pastries that you can warm or toast. Everyone found something that they liked and we didn't have to pay for breakfast...a savings of at least $12-20. We checked out with ease around 8AM.

Internet connections worked well and were free. Bed was clean. Rugs were clean. We were very pleased with our stay. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. It was very close to I-10 exit 199 and was easy to find.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is North of I-10. It i nestled between a Taco Bell and Walmart. It is convenient to shopping and restaurants and not that far of a drive to the hub bub of downtown. As many mentioned, the price was good for the area. I took a single no frills room. No microwave or refrigerator. I found the room up to date. I could tell the building itself was a little dated, but despite that, I think the Housekeeping does an excellent job in keeping it clean. In the bathroom, you do get some soap, shampoo and conditioner. A small coffee pot for a single serving size. There was an iron available for use. They do have free wifi, that I found to be very fast. I had no issues. A nice TV, and the list of channels are in the back of the Fairfield Hotel book they have on the desk. As most hotels, there is a free breakfast bar in the morning, not too fancy-but it is 'free' so what's to complain about? Other reviewers were complaining about the pool. It is a small pool, but it is indoors which can allow for swimming in the winter since it can get cold up in the Panhandle of Florida.
A few downsides... being a light sleeper, I could very easily hear the TV's in the next rooms. And some loud talking. And a few people who go out in the front of the hotel to speak on your cell phones, that also travels the the rooms near where you are speaking. And I could hear foot steps above me. So it would have been nice to sleep past 5am, cause that is when some of the noise started. However, I have been in hotels with thinner walls than this. And I do want to point out, no loud parties or loud external noise. Manly your immediate neighbors.
I think if I were there for an extended period of time, I may want a hotel with a few more amenities and a little quieter. But I was only there for the night and felt as though I was in a clean hotel with good locks on the door for safety, which are 2 of the main concerns.
I should also state that the front desk staff were extremely friendly. Every one of them had a smile on their face when you were speaking to them. So good job to Fairfield for finding friendy staff to work for you.

Room Tip: The hotel is in one straight line, with the elevators and vending machines in the middle.If noise is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank maxona
Cynette S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear gues, thank you for taking the time out to write a response regarding our hotel and your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and accomodating and are looking forward to seeing you again. It's guest like yourself that we value and making it a top priority to take care of. If there is anything you may need in future reservations or accomodations feel free to contact us. And thank you again for choosinig The Fairfield Inn

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Chervon S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have traveled enough to know how to feel about the different brands of hotels and have certain expectations when I visit a particular brand.

In my hotel coupon guide I was using on this trip (which are printed every few months so they are easily updated) it stated there was a spa, and a pool. When I asked if they were working I was assured they were. Previously when I have been out on the road I have asked if they have a pool (if traveling with my daughter) or a spa (if traveling alone). They reply they do, but fail to mention its" not working" or "it isn't filled," or was "just filled and has a temperature is about 40 degrees." So I make sure I ask if these amenities are actually function and able to be used.

Arriving around 10pm after a very long drive from Dallas to Tallahassee I was ready just to get to my room and would check out the spa (i was traveling alone) n the morning. So I headed off to my room to shower and enjoy some quality Internet time.

First, I showered and settled in and opened up my laptop to crawling, painfully slow, useless Internet. I check settings, re-boot, turn the signal on and off, and it just can't load a page.

A quick call to the front desk, and as soon as I said internet the lady at the front desk finished the sentence "is slow." I finished with "painfully slow." To her credit I was promptly moved, but the hassle to repack, and get down to the new, identical room, when all you want to do it be horizontal is something most people reading this understand. It seems to me, as this isn't the first time its ever happened but I may have to just check Internet speed before I do anything else. To minimize the moving pain. If I hadn't been unpakced some, showered and comfortable it wouldn't have been as annoying.

It's terribly frustrating when its a known issue and ignored. The front desk knew the problem before I had the whole sentence out. My issue is because that this is Fairfield Inn by Marriott, not any other number of brands I would shrug and say you get what you pay for, more or less. This is adding a few more routers and cabling. Far from a capital investment but one that would have numerous benefits for a wide array of travelers.

In the morning after an agreeable and decent breakfast, I was going to hit the spa. There wasn't one. While it was on their ad, and I asked about it but (sadly many people also don't differentiate between a pool and a spa) it did not exist. There was a gentleman in a wheelchair that was also asking about the nonexistent spa.

This too put a ding on how I was feeling about my stay. I don't know why they don't have a spa any more. I didn't ask and it didn't matter. There wasn't going to be one in the next hour, so I packed up and hit the road instead of soaking in some bubbly heaven.

These ads are reprinted ever few months, and I did gather it had been "a bit of time" since the spa was covered or dismantled. This makes me feel like Fairfield, Tallahassee dropped the ball on me here too.

So it was not something I expect from this brand when I travel. I just expected more from my experience at other Fairfields.

On the plus, it was clean, they were courteous, the breakfast was fine, but the frustrations were too large to over look as it really impacted my short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that actually gets their wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Cynette S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

First. I would l like to thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn-Tallahassee. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Secondly. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that occured during your stay at the Tallahassee Fairfield Inn.
We pride ourselves with giving our guests a aclean,fresh room so I can empathize with you about your mishsap because a good night's sleep in a clean. fresh room is much needed especially when you are traveling. I can assure you that the issue has been addressed and have taken care of everything.

Chervon Screen

GSM Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped after traveling all day through heavy rain. It was easy access on and off I10. Staff was great and check in was a breeze. Rooms clean and quite. Lots if eating places within short drive. Next morning we found Walmart right next door.

• Stayed: July 2013
Cynette S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Good Morning,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us.
Please call on us whenever we can be of further assistance.

Again, thank you.

Chervon Screen GSM

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were traveling a long distance without prior reservations. We stopped at this Fairfield Inn located off I-10 in Tallahassee. The check in was pleasant as was the desk clerk. The room was quiet and clean. Everything in the room worked well. Breakfast was included and was better that what is typical of included breakfasts: waffles, name brand cereals, good selection of yogurts, juices, etc. This was nothing fancy, but really did the job for two road weary travelers.
I would recommend this place to anybody looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bigfishlaw
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your coming, it was a pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again.