“Outstanding Food and Service”

Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Florida Capital Chapter of the Society for Government Meeting Planners met at this property for our annual awards banquet, experienced outstanding service and food. The banquet manager oversaw the work of competent professionals who did everything from assisting with a Power Point program, making a sign for a cash bar and creating a lovely dining environment. The chicken was a delicious Hungarian Paprika, tender and delicious like I had eaten in Hungary. In fact, the paprika did come from Hungary. The vegetables were perfectly cooked and the service perfectly executed. Our next meeting will be held there as well. We are exploring the possibility of making this the site of our annual Honors & Awards meeting next year and beyond. Worth your stay and time - try them, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I come to Tallahassee every month for work. This time my wife and children came along. The hotel staff was very friendly and let us check in early (Andrew and Danielle-they're great). The rooms are acceptable for size, and there was less noise than I experienced up the hill at the Aloft (they're both Starwood Hotels). The 4 Points has more floors and it just seemed quieter. Either one is better than the Duval, but I think the 4 Points is the winner. They offer a cart that will take you to restaurants nearby and driver Casey was fantastic. He was young, respectful and restored my faith in young adults. The pool is for real. My kids loved it, and the 4 Points has a hot tub (I don't think the Aloft has one).The Aloft pool is smaller, more decorative. The 4 Points is reasonably safe, but I wouldn't wander to the north (Frenchtown) at night. I would jog on campus at FSU which is beautiful (saying a lot since I'm a Gator) or use their exercise room. The bar staff was great, and our housekeeping person really went out of her way to help my wife/children. Her name was Tabitha, and she was so helpful, that my wife convinced me to use 4 Points as my monthly destination.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had to go here for work. Staff for downstairs conference were excellent and caring. Front staff were young and exciting to interact with. They were probably college students since FSU is right there but they knew where everything was in town, the good and bad. My God, the food from the resturant was EXCELLENT!!! A lot of pride and care goes into the hotel with a great location. My favorite part was the nightly borrowing of the bikes they had right outside the door!

Room Tip: ice machine out side of my door, I loved it but if I had toddlers they'd be up everytime they he...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear jamienotsogross,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us - we loved having you! We hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to Tallahassee. Take care.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

You'd have a hard time finding a hotel with a better location for FSU campus. The hotel is clean, we'll maintained and I cannot say enough about the staff. Attentive and professional. Everyone we encountered during our stay was very pleasant. Good job to management for training them to be vested and care about the guests. Granted, the rooms are small. But the views of campus and surrounding are are quite nice. We read to ask for a campus view. We did and that did work. Didn't discover that you can access the parking area through the lower level til the last day. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here for FSU orientation. Stopped by quickly to checkin, then left for sign in for orientation. Got back to the hotel around 9:30. The hotel had another event going on which made for difficult parking situation. Eventually, the hotel sent a few people to guide people to park in nonparking spots.

The hotel room was a tad small, but decorated nicely. I always have problems with hard, uncomfortable beds in hotels, but this bed was very comfortable.

Small picky stuff: They had supplied one plastic drinking cups wrapped in plastic bag. When I tried to unwrap it, there was wrapping from a discarded cup stuff inside my cup. I don't think the cleaning staff changes the cups. Because they are a "green" hotel, I did not get fresh towels in the two days I stayed here. The elevators are slow! The hotel is noisy. You hear people and staff in the hallways. You hear the street noise. I was startled awake several times each night. I feel it is slightly overpriced for what I got.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor. You could hear the street noise. Perhaps the higher floors would be better...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank annaegel
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Pet friendly ($25 fee) , smoke free, clean, comfortable, quiet, great restaurant, friendly and helpful staff. Everything I expect from Four Points Sheraton! Will stay again. Many of the Sheraton's have done away with the pet fee, this would be appreciated system wide. The Sheraton pillows and bedding are a favorite! Great location, too!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I travel to Tallahassee several times a year and thought I would try out the newly renovated Four Points by Sheraton. Got a great deal on a third party website so was excited for the visit. Upon arrival I was told that because of how I booked, I was basically in the crappiest room of the hotel (not a very welcoming arrival at all). I begged for a room with a tub and was given one once they called the desk manager out. The property and room itself was nicely decorated, bed comfortable but for some reason the TV is at an awkward angle and it was really hard to watch from bed.. the hotel is round so I am sure the structure doesn't help with the furniture placement.

Negatives: The location is near a Greyhound Bus stop and a homeless shelter so I didn't feel comfortable leaving the hotel after dark, I was approached for money one of the times on my way to my car. You can hear all of the traffic going by - noisy. The rooms have no sound barriers - I was in a room right outside of the elevator and heard every conversation that passed. I was awoken at 3 AM by my drunk neighbors and their party of friends and every time someone left or entered their room, the door SLAMMED very loudly.

Positives: The housekeeping and restaurant/bar staff were very friendly and the Restaurant had a great happy hour as well as half off the tapas menu one of the nights.

All in all, I think I will pass on this place when I travel to Tallahassee again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot might be quieter than street side. For the price, A LOFT is a much be...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business