“Excellent hotel within minutes of FSU”

Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent hotel within minutes of FSU”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We won this hotel on priceline for a visit to FSU and had a wonderful stay. The campus is literally 3 minutes away and the hotel offers free parking and free wifi. They also have a very reasonably priced breakfast buffet. We ordered the buffet, but at 6:30 am, they did not have a lot of items out, so the waitress just asked us what we would like to eat and brought out our eggs and sausage and charged us accordingly. Very good customer service.

The bed was very comfortable and there was a large 42" TV which was very good for watching the Tony Awards! The only downside to the room was that there was not a refrigerator and the closet was a bit small and clumsy, with the clothes hanging outwards facing you. But for our 2 night stay, the small closet was not a big deal.

Sheraton apparently has a new "green" policy where if you decline housekeeping service, you get a $5 credit in the restaurant. We did not take this offer and were glad when we saw that we were only provided with one towel, washcloth and hand towel per person. I do like a clean towel each day, so we were glad to forego the $5 credit and be provided with clean towels every day!

I would definitely return here for future visits to FSU.

1 Thank pcrum
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad to here that our location to FSU was convenient for your trip and that you experienced good customer service. The next time that you stay at a Starwood Hotel you can always requests more towels while still participating in our Make a Green Choice program. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Chipley, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a great hotel for families when visiting FSU. It is across the street from campus and the staff is friendly and helpful. It would be nice, however, for them to offer a discounted fee for parents of orientees.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a view of FSU and Doak Campbell stadium.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a really welcome stay for the last leg of a cross-country trek from CA.

Comfy bed, great food & drink across the lot, dog friendly, clean, and friendly faces.

We got a good price that included wifi and there was no extra charge to park. A solid spot!

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this weekend. I was expecting a "wow" experience based on it being a Sheraton. Overall the stay was nice, but nothing too impressive. I think we could have had the same experience at a cheaper hotel (which included breakfast.)

Reasons for this is 1. staff were not knowledgeable about restaurant prices or menu when we signed in. They had to get me a menu for all of my questions. 2. Elevator #1 was not working properly and Elevator #2 had chains clinking when going up or down which was kind of scary. 3. Bathroom had hair in the shower and toilet paper handle falling off the wall.

Otherwise the beds were very comfortable, and the pool was nice with nice lounge seating.

Overall I would stay here again for a cheaper price, but if there are no deals I would look elsewhere for a luxury stay.

Room Tip: I would ask to be on the top floors as I think the view would be more impressive.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. We are disappointed to hear about the experiences you had at our hotel with the front desk, the elevator and the room. All of our elevators are working properly now and we'll discuss the other items with our teams immediately. Thanks again!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I reach SPG Platinum each year purely based on business travel, with that said, I am very familiar with most hotel chains for business travelers. After years of this type of travel, all hotels of this class began to seem very similar. The only thing that makes a hotel stand out among the rest is the staff, the personalized service. Remembering your name and all of your preferences. This level of service makes a hotel GREAT!

Quite honestly makes you willing to go out of your way to find such a hotel.

In Tallahassee I found such a place, Four Points by Sheraton, Downtown. The full service bar and restaurant, gym and pool are great amenities to have on the road, but the staff makes you feel at home. Their entire staff makes a sincere effort to exceed your expectations, from the Sales Manager to the Front Office Manager to the Service Staff.

Almost makes you look forward to work travel…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tampa
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel decor was very modern and the facilities were great! Nice pool area! Great location! The bar area was very open and inviting. The restaurant was small, but the food was quite good. The staff was very accommodating! I would recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel over memorial day weekend. I was in town for a wedding and but had a lot of free time in the day (since the festivities were at night) so I was hoping for a nice room to relax in.

Got to the hotel early (circa 1 pm) and was allowed early check in! Was also upgraded (was surprised to get both) to a very nice suite.

Now, Tallahassee isn't exactly a typical vacation goers destination, so there is no nearby beach, and most people I encountered were in town for an event or for something related for FSU. That being said, I was pleased to see that they had a nicely kept pool (with comfortable lounge chairs). They also had a small gym, which I didn't use but my husband did. It's not huge by any means, but has your basics and will get the job done if you're travelling and need to toss in a quick work out.

My room was very nice - it was so nice to have the extra space. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and there was plenty of natural light (all of which was easily blocked by a blackout curtain if you are so inclined). I would say that I wish the suite had more closet space. My suite only had an armoire and it was a bit of a struggle for my husband and I to share since he had 2 suits and i had several dresses with me. Other than that, I was very pleased with my room.

Finally, I wanted to point out the fantastic, helpful staff at the hotel who made sure I had a great, comfortable stay. They were all very kind, polite, and helpful when I had any questions.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends