“a great remodel of old holiday in”

Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Dining is excellent for the price. Close to all FSU attractions and needs for politics (capitol buildings)
Friendly staff, on site shuttle to airport for free and will drive you anywhere you need to be.
No need for a car

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive praise about Juicy Blue, our on-site tapas bar & bistro and also our mutually agreed great location! But most importantly, thanks for the kind words about our friendly staff. We take great pride in providing excellent service to our guests. Our electric downtown vehicle is a great example of the neat things we are doing to set a new standard in Tallahassee hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you again and providing another memorable experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel has apparently been recently renovated and it does look very nice inside. The rooms have good views as there are no other tall buildings around. The bed is pretty comfortable, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is not bad (excellent coffee) and reasonably priced. The rooms are stuffy, of course the windows don't open, and the A/C is noisy and inefficient. The area is a bit dodgy, between the homeless shelters and tattoo parlors on one side and the historical cemetary on the other.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a quick moment to say thank you for the positive feedback on our hotel. We are very proud of what we have done to bring this iconic building back to life in the community. Our hope is this transformation will provide further motivation of the continued re-vitalization of the entire downtown district.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was very unhappy with my stay at the Sheraton in Tallahassee. After doing extensive research on the hotels in downtown Tallahassee, I was debating between the Duval and the Sheraton. After an hour or so of searching the internet, I decided on the Sheraton because it was a few dollars cheaper.

PAY THE 20 dollars extra and stay at the DUVAL!

After a long drive, once arriving at the hotel all I wanted to do was take a nice hot shower. After turning on the shower I noticed we had no hot water! We had to call maintenance and it took them about a half hour or so to fix it. Once finally fixing it, I got in the shower and there was hair every where and the walls still had soap on them from the previous person. I was disgusted.Everythng is also updated in the rooms except the old showers and gross shower curtains.

Next, our internet did not work at all. I could not connect to my Ipad. So, so much for the free wifi.I also took a look under my bed and someones used ear plugs were under there from whoever had stayed there before us.

Lastly, a few minutes ago I looked at my bank account to check my balance. and noticed that I was charged 134 for the night instead of the 103 that I was supposed to get with my AAA discount. I am very unhappy and will making a phone call later on today to speak with someone.Pay the extra 20 and stay at the DUVAL.

This hotel is just an old hotel that need some remodeling but didnt finish remodeling.I saved up for a nice night stay here for new years, only to be disappointed and then charged too much at the end.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gianina R

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us for New Year's Eve. Our team strives to provide a better experience for our guests and we are dissappointed we did not fulfill our mission during your stay.

I sent you a message to gather more feedback to allow us to follow-up with the staff members who missed the cleanliness items prior to you checking in. I also would be happy to look into the credit card charge, but I have not been able to locate your reservation in the system based on your Trip Advisor username.

I look forward to hearing back and offering you a complimentary night to return to the hotel for a better experience....maybe even for Valentine's Day!?

Our internet has also been upgraded since your stay. However, if you return and have difficulty, please let us know as sometimes Apple products require a settings adjustment on the IPad to recognize the WIFI connection.

Again, I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, especially the $5 food voucher for passing on having our room cleaned!! The room was nice and we enjoyed the style of the hotel. Great pillows. We also appreciated the free parking! We were able to walk to the New Year's Eve celebration, so great location. Also, all the restaurants we wanted were minutes away.

We had pleasant interactions with all the employees, but the one downer was when we asked about using the bikes. The employee informed us that since it was almost dusk, we wouldn't have time and we couldn't use them. This was quite a bummer for us - the sun didn't set for another 90 minutes, so dusk was still far away. But how do you argue with someone about when "dusk" happens? So we missed out on a fun bike ride downtown. That was very disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words about our Make A Green Choice program. As we are soon to become Tallahassee's first LEED Certified hotel, we take great pride in joining forces with the other Four Points locations to offer this green option and reward to our guests.

Also, thank you for the positive feedback about our service and other amenities.....we agree, we do have awesome pillows! :) Our management team talked specifically about your feedback and our Operations Manager remembers talking with you about the bikes. She did not intend to indicate you could not use the bikes, just when they had to be returned. She sends her apologies for the confusion and dissappointment this caused.

However, we look forward to your next visit and getting you out to see the city on our bikes. Please let me know and I would be happy to personally make your next reservation.

Regards,
T. Bo Schmitz - General Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here about 8-10 years ago and the property was really rundown. I don't remember if it was a Sheraton property at the time. When I returned to Tallahassee a few years later, the property was fenced up and the hotel was closed. I recently made a pit stop in Tallahassee on my way to new Orleans and booked a room here after reading about the hotel online. I can't describe the absolutely incredible transformation. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is brand new! I saw no evidence of touch up jobs. The entrance to the hotel and the parking lot are very clean. The lobby is modern and fresh. I can't say enough about the staff. The front desk clerks were friendly and accommodating. The elevators were, yes you guessed, new. The rooms are not square or rectangular because of the circular shape of the floors. This does not compromise the space though. There is plenty of room even with the 2 double beds. All the furniture is new and very tasteful. The beds are comfortable and the pillows won't make you miss yours at home. The bathrooms have all new fixtures. My only negative is that the toilets are tiny.
On our way back from New Orleans we showed up again without a reservation. Once again we received excellent service. Terrell was the clerk at the desk and he showed tremendous hospitality. This visit I got 2 rooms. My wife and I stayed in a room with a King bed and the kids stayed in the adjoining room. Again, it was a great stay.
I regret that I didn't visit the restaurant but we were just there for the night. The hotel is close to a main street so try to get a high floor.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joefern
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you Joefern for the positive words on both our transformation and service! Our entire team is very proud of what we have accomplished so far and as word spreads, what we will accomplish together in the future! Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Tallahassee!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed at this location from December 13-16 in order to attend my graduation from the Graduate School. We checked in after driving over 8 hours. Check-in was easy, the room was clean, the view beautiful, beds comfortable, and it was very quiet. It was a pleasant stay and we look forward to a repeat performance. The hotel staff was cheerful and accommodating. Can't wait to go back. The only negatives would be our experience in the hotel's cafe. I think it was called the Juicy Blue Cafe. The service was poor with over 20 minutes passing before we received even water. When the food did get to us after waiting an additional 30 minutes, it was not very good. They were also pretty expensive. Just visit one of the many local restaurants instead of eating at the hotel cafe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway to avoid noise from morning traffic. Do not eat in the hotel...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the kind words about both our service and cleanliness! Our team takes great pride in operating our beautiful property and we sincerely appreciate when our guests are pleased!

Our Juicy Blue staff is working very hard to improve the consistency of both our food and service excellence. We humbly request for you to give us another opportunity on your next trip to Tallahassee.

Thanks once again for the terrific feedback!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

A nice remodeled hotel that's so close to FSU, FAMU, and TCC (a great location if you are visiting). I heard it used to be a Holiday Inn, which explains why the carpets looked a little worn and dated. Also, walls might be thin. I could hear the traffic from the seventh floor (woke up to some ambulances, fire truck, or police caravan) and heard someone trying to get ice from the ice machine, which took about 15 minutes (slow ice machine).

However, the furnishings are modern (typical dark cherry wood and the sleek flat screen tv). I like that this hotel does not charge you for WiFi and there's a free water bottle waiting for you in the room. You'll also find free coffee and tea right outside the fitness room (three treadmills and 1 elliptical for cardio, a set of free weights, and mats). The pool looks wonderful to take a dip, but I didn't have time and the fence that surround the pool doesn't block off the traffic noise. The front desk was always helpful and the cafe service for breakfast was top-notch. Overall, I had a very nice, safe stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to call the hotel to schedule a pick up or drop off time if using the hotel's free Air...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive feedback on both our furnishings and our outdoor pool! Believe it or not, the carpet is actually new.....we too have noticed it is not holding up well and we are already looking into having it replaced.

Although our floor to ceiling windows are sound resistant, being in a busy downtown location still presents noise challenges. If you plan to return to Tallahassee, please feel free to ask for a room on the north side of the building, as traffic noise is much less intrusive.

Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future!