“Liked the "Free" Little Things - Airport Shuttle, WiFi, and Water Bottle”

Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 7, 2012

A nice remodeled hotel that's so close to FSU, FAMU, and TCC (a great location if you are visiting). I heard it used to be a Holiday Inn, which explains why the carpets looked a little worn and dated. Also, walls might be thin. I could hear the traffic from the seventh floor (woke up to some ambulances, fire truck, or police caravan) and heard someone trying to get ice from the ice machine, which took about 15 minutes (slow ice machine).

However, the furnishings are modern (typical dark cherry wood and the sleek flat screen tv). I like that this hotel does not charge you for WiFi and there's a free water bottle waiting for you in the room. You'll also find free coffee and tea right outside the fitness room (three treadmills and 1 elliptical for cardio, a set of free weights, and mats). The pool looks wonderful to take a dip, but I didn't have time and the fence that surround the pool doesn't block off the traffic noise. The front desk was always helpful and the cafe service for breakfast was top-notch. Overall, I had a very nice, safe stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to call the hotel to schedule a pick up or drop off time if using the hotel's free Air...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback on both our furnishings and our outdoor pool! Believe it or not, the carpet is actually new.....we too have noticed it is not holding up well and we are already looking into having it replaced.

Although our floor to ceiling windows are sound resistant, being in a busy downtown location still presents noise challenges. If you plan to return to Tallahassee, please feel free to ask for a room on the north side of the building, as traffic noise is much less intrusive.

Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Booked on Hotwire for$83.00 tax included. The hotel is spiffy. Rooms are nice. Everyone was friendly. I could have done with out the "band camp" being put on my floor to talk loudly and bang doors. Regardless, nice hotel. Jimmy John's Gourmet Subs are close and will deliver only one sandwich.....Also the room has a large HDTV mounted on the wall and floor to floor windows. Nice touches.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel....we agree, it is pretty spiffy! :) The weekend you stayed with us, we were housing a very large high school band competition, occupying almost 75% of all of our rooms. We look forward to having you come back and enjoy a more relaxing time on your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked a room here sight unseen, and for the rate of ~$87 per night before tax, I did not expect a whole lot and I was really happily surprised.

The architecture of the building is really unique, it's circularly symmetric! The elevators and stairwells are in the center, with a circular hallway around them off of which all the rooms on that floor are located. When I asked about it, I was told the building itself was from the 1960s, but that the whole thing just got refurbished and had opened again in June of this year (2012). And they did a great job. The furnishings are modern and elegant, with great art. The room we had was a king standard, with floor to ceiling window. It was clean and beautiful.

The staff was also really helpful and friendly, especially the lady who checked us in and answered my million questions (shout out for you A!).

The one thing that was strange was that our bathroom sink only gave very hot water, no cold! It wasn't a big deal, the shower gave a full range of temperatures, but I mentioned it when we checked out and they were very apologetic about it. And my husband would want me to say that he had trouble logging onto the wifi network with his laptop, but I didn't have any trouble with my netbook, so there ya go.

And when I filled out the automated survey after our stay, the manager responded to me personally thanking me for responding.

Bottom line: the customer service here is outstanding, and the hotel itself is beautiful. I'm not the sort of person to just give away 5 star ratings, but these guys earned it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the positive feedback about our hotel's unique architecture and modern, elegant feel. Our entire team takes great pride in operating our beautiful hotel and we appreciate it very much when we learn our guests are pleased!

Regarding the water temperature in your sink, your feedback helped us to uncover a plumbing mix-up with some of the room water lines. This problem has since been corrected.

We look forward to having you return and enjoying our property in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love, love, this hotel. Recently stayed here for FSU Parents Weekend ... great location, great rooms, great service. If you want to have a memorable experience, then choose Four Points by Sheraton, in downtown Tallahassee! Beds were comfy and the rooms was awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the positive feedback about our service and location. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service to our guests and we appreciate the kind words.

We hope a return trip to Tallahassee is upcoming and we look forward to serving you once again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The check was easy, cheese tray was immediately delivered, the view was fantastic, the hot tub was great and the evening sounds were delightful even though it was on a busy street. The staff was so helpful and pleased to have us visit. The bed was so cushy and lulled us right to sleep.

I would highly recommend staying here. Close to everything. We ran over to the La Moyne Art Gallery Saturday Morning and purchased some one of a kind items! There was plenty of parking at the hotel and I felt very safe there.

Room Tip: We were right on the highway and got to see a georgous sundown and then watched the moon come up. Jr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thanks so much for the positive feedback....our team is thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I LOVED staying at the Sheraton Four Points in downtown Tallahassee! I went up to help my son get settled into his apartment and decided to stay in a hotel. There isn't much to choose from near the college. After seeing how reasonable the rate was for the Sheraton, with a restaurant, I decided to try it.

What a lovely and comfortable hotel! I slept so well on the plush bed, and enjoyed making my own coffee, especially with the half & half creamer I was so kindly given downstairs in the lobby. Breakfast in the morning was cooked to order, nothing held back. That would have set me back $7 with tip alone, but it was included. I'd love to go back and stay for maybe some R&R, enjoying the nice big comfy bed and large flat screen TV.

The only thing they are missing to be one of my favorites is a spa!

Excellent hotel for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you so much for the positive reviews on our bed. It is amazing how many similar comments we have received....in fact, several guests have claimed they have never had a better night's sleep in their entire life! We are glad to hear you had a restful stay and our team looks forward to you staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was attending an event at FSU and chose to stay at this hotel based on the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I have never felt compelled to write a review on TripAdvisor, but after the experience I had here I felt I had to let people know about the very poor levels of both cleanliness and customer service they can expect from this hotel.

Upon checking into my room, I found a dirty towel with hairs all over it in the shower. The tp clearly hadn't been replaced from the last guest as there was basically none left, and there was hardly any shampoo left either. None of these were a big deal to me though - I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel experience.

My real problems didn't start until the middle of the night, when I woke up with extremely itchy legs. The following morning I found that there were bug bites all over my legs. I had been inside basically all day and wearing jeans when I was outside, so this had to have been bug bites I received while in the hotel room. The logical conclusion was bed bugs.

When I spoke with the Front Desk Agent she had no idea what to do so called over the Operations Manager, Holly. When I explained to Holly – who claimed to be “Bed Bug Certified” - what happened, she told me that “bed bug bites don't itch” so that couldn't be what it was. It’s well-known that bed bug bites can in fact itch, but she proceeded to ask if I had shaved my legs that day and that it could be from that (yes....really...). She then went up to the room to inspect the bed. When she came back down, she of course told me that she saw no bed bugs, and tried coming up with other explanations, like I was allergic to the detergent they use on the sheets. At no point throughout this did she apologize, offer any solutions or assistance, or seem sympathetic to the fact that I had bug bites all over my legs (bed bugs or not.) I went on to tell her about the issues I had with the room while checking in, and mentioned that even if it wasn't bed bugs, there was still some sort of bug that was biting me in the room. She FINALLY apologized and asked if there was anything she could do. I said at the very least I would expect to receive some sort of discount off of my bill. That night Holly sent me an email saying she would take $20 off my bill, to which I just had to laugh. When I responded, the hotel GM wrote me back, stating he supported Holly’s decision because “it does not appear our staff did anything to cause you to be inconvenienced.” I have since written back and not received any reply.

I ended up moving to the Aloft Hotel across the street which was so much better in both service and room quality. Based on my experience, I highly recommend not staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Sarah A
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

In response to this review, our team takes great pride in keeping our hotel clean. Regarding the bug bite complaint, the room was professionaly inspected by a licensed pest elimination technician after our initial inspection. No bed bug or any other type of bug activity was noted.

We were dissappointed to hear of the cleanliness issues this guest experienced. We apologized to the guest and credited their bill accordingly. More importantly, we have followed up with the staff member who cleaned the room prior to the guest's arrival to ensure the oversight with the dirty towel and unstocked toilet paper does not re-occur.

We appreciate the guest feedback and will continue to work toward continuously improving our product and services.