Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Homewood
$93
Staybridge.com
Great 4.5/5
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$129
$102
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$57
Red Roof
$139
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
$124
$118
Travelocity
$154
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsfront deskshuttle servicefsu campushigher floorcomfortable bedsstreet noisecapitol buildingparking lothotel restaurantbreakfast buffetconvenient locationvery nice hotelflorida state universitystaff was very friendly and helpfulone night stayupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

You won't get lost trying to find this place! The rooms have been updated in the newest Four Points motif and are quite comfortable. The staff was most pleasant and accommodating. Lot's of things to do in the area- shop and dine. Free parking at a downtown hotel anywhere is a bonus.

Well done Four Points!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thanks so much for the positive review about our hotel's service and amenities. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at the Four Points for the first time while moving my daughter from an apt. in Tallahassee to a sorority house for the fall semester. I found the staff to be extremely accomodating, genuine and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed and in good repair. The rate was reasonable by today's standards. Plenty of Parking, security, and amenities...tho I was kept so busy that I did not use anything but the ice machine...seriously. Location: easily accessible to most everything...the FSU campus, the downtown/Capital buildings...it's pretty much central Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Ice machines are on the 3rd, 6th and 11th floors. (ie...not on every floor). I would ask for a room which is not situated adjacent to Tennessee Street next time...as I did wake early to the sound of traffic on Monday morning. Room was on the second floor. If you get the AAA rate, breakfast is not included with the price of your room. ***Check online for occassional deals and before you book your reservation, try calling the toll free reservation #. (I decided to stay an extra day and got a better price when I called).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CocomoMinded

Thanks so much for the positive feedback about our beds, security and our ample parking. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel! The front desk staff was really helpful and professional! The rooms were really nicely decorated. The linens and pillows were so clean like they were brand new! We haven't slept so well in such a long time! The housekeeping is awesome! I'm very crazy about cleanliness and I was so impressed! The other cool thing is that check out wasn't until noon! The only complaint was that we couldnt get room service passed 10 pm on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much! We often say our goal is to get our guests to say WOW....and you did! :) Our team is thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Spent 4 nights and the cleanliness of the hotel in general and the rooms was definitely above average. The bed and choice of pillows made for a great nights sleep. The entire staff is VERY accommodating and friendly, willing to do the little extra to make your stay enjoyable. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Would definitely stay here again, if for no other reason than the staff can't do enough for you. Right down the street from FSU, it's a great location. Obviously a redo of an older hotel, the Sheraton is to be commended for their renovations. The lobby is very small, leaving more room for the breakfast area, but the furniture is new and colourful. There's also a bar. Two computer stations in the lobby were always occupied. In the rooms, the only indication of this being an older hotel is the painted stucco walls. Everything else, down to the carpet, was new. The furniture is stylish and chosen with care to fit the room, which is crucial because, since the hotel is circular, the rooms are pie shaped. Because of this, there is no closet, but an armoire is provided instead. Nice tv and bathroom. We stayed in a room with two queen beds, which were comfortable, and didn't feel at all cramped for a one night stay.

We were given a room almost directly across from the elevator, which worried me, however it proved not to be an issue. Since the elevator runs through the middle of the cylindrical hotel, it's almost impossible to get away from the elevators (which are a bit slow). On a hunt for the ice machine, I discovered it out in the open hallway with rooms directly across from it. As I didn't stay in these rooms, I don't know how much of a problem this would be. The shape of the rooms seems to minimize the noise from the hallways, but I'd probably be wary. Otherwise, despite the room next to us being occupied, we heard zero noise through the door or walls.

I wish this had been true for the windows. The only reason I wouldn't give this a full five star rating is the street noise. Our room was between the hotel entrance and Tennessee St. on the third floor and there were a lot of trucks driving by which kept me awake. Perhaps a higher floor or a different location over the parking lot would be better...but then there's the ice machine, so pick your poison. There's a small conference facility on the bottom floor with multiple rooms which opens onto the parking lot. The entrance to the hotel is actually on the side of the hotel between Tennessee St. and the rear parking lot. Parking is free, but you need a pass for your dash.

Basic hot breakfast items, but they were fresh and refilled. The staff was helpful. We booked through AAA and got the breakfast buffet included. The cost of the breakfast is $8 per person, otherwise. I think if you're in a hurry, it might be worth it. Otherwise, there are enough cheaper fast food choices within driving distance.

All in all a good stay and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get away from the street noise and away from Tennessee St. Try booking through AAA or other organization to get free breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family