“Amazing tour, both haunted and historical”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Bend Ghost Trackers
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My family and I were in Tallahassee and decided to venture over to Monticello FL for a ghost tour. We found the town quaint and the tour both entertaining and informative. The guides were knowledgeable about both the history and ghosts of the area. Being paranormal investigators with Big Bend Ghost Trackers they had many ghost stories to share. We saw what appeared to be an apparition at the Palmer House and afterwards went to the ghost hunt in the cemetery and captured some fantastic stuff on my digital camera. Another girl caught an evp of a little girl singing. We had a great time, I highly recommend the Historic Monticello Ghost Tours for a great family activity if you are in the area.

4  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed April 18, 2011

A friend and I stayed at a local B&B for 2 nights. We made the trip to Monticello due to the recent publicity that Monticello is the most haunted town in Florida. We arranged for a ghost tour with Big Bend Ghost Trackers. It was scheduled for Friday evening, however upon our arrival, we were told it had been canceled. After raising a bit of a fuss, explaining this was the whole reason for our trip, we were told we would get the tour on Friday night. We arrived for our tour, and we were the only paying customers for the tour, so the "investigators" brought their children ranging in age from 5 to about 15. The entire tour, the teenagers were loud, making it very hard to hear any of the speaking of each site we walked to. When trying to take pictures into windows, we were nudged out of the way by them also. When we arrived at the old jail, we heard a noise, so we were told to go up and check it out. I stayed downstairs, my friend went up. She said it was very obvious that the noises were coming from directly below them. The lady directing the tour kept saying "everyone is accounted for", trying to get people to not go look around the corner. My friend came down and went around the corner ... she discovered that two of the adult men who were part of the group, were on the bottom floor banging on the wall to make the noises. Needless to say we were both very upset, to put it nicely, but we continued on to the cemetery hoping to catch something on our own. The lady who was directing the tour was overly dramatic, and it was very clear that most of this tour was staged and that she was trying very hard to sell us on the fact that Monticello is haunted. In reviewing my over 300 pictures, there was nothing found. There are orbs, but as most ghost hunters know, orbs are 99% of the time dust or bugs. In the cemetery there are hundreds of gnats flying everywhere, no wonder we captured "orbs". Do not waste your money on this tour, it is a pure joke. If you really want to find ghosts, talk with Lisa at the Monticello Opera House. Now this place has true activity!

26  Thank Ghost-Investigator