“Quirky Cafe, Confusing at Best”
Review of Lucy & Leo's

Lucy & Leo's
Ranked #13 of 15 Bakeries in Tallahassee
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I saw this place on Food TV Cupcake wars and had to try it. First, it is difficult to find, very miniscule signage and it shares a building off the sreet a ways. Parking is limited, so go onaround back. The place seems to be more of a book store, with a focus on children, with also a great little selection of old school toys, puzzles, drawing, pull and push...imagination, not batteries required! The cupcake area is a glass partition with several cupcake trays, depending on time of day depends on how empty, so get there early. The cupcakes have names like Hummingbird but no descriptions. A chalkboard on wall has prices and some descriptions, but they cakes on display dont always match. The cakes are of good size, and come with a huge amount of frosting, not my personal favorite. I was expecting more and I feel I set the bar too high. I give A++++ for the bookstore aspect, but unfortunately this is a review of the restaurant.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

You can't go wrong with a fresh cupcake from here. Owners are very nice. Local, fair prices, and so delicious! Craving one now..

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Went for a tasting for a wedding, went with an appointment and ordered flavors ahead of time. When we arrived, our plate was pulled off a stock rack, cashier was friendly, but cupcakes tasted old. Not moist but more "stale" than fresh. Some flavors left much to be desired. You would think that with a bulk order that they would try to ensure freshness. Heard great things before, but will not be using them for our event.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I love cupcakes, but this place has the worst cupcakes I have ever tasted. I have been several times and every time they are consistantly dry and tasteless. I have no idea how this place stays in business except they are still trying to ride their cupcake wars trip, which I still have NO idea how they were even considered to be on the show. I make a point of going to local cupcake shops in every town I travel to, and this place by far had the worst tasting product. They even did cupcakes for a friends wedding and they were just plain GROSS, similar to sandpaper. They also never do anything to support the community, which I am guessing is because their product is not fit for anyone except maybe dogs? Would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank shellnole
Reviewed February 10, 2012

They have tasty cupcakes, but they are small, like a cupcake you would make from home. Thought they were expensive for the size you get. Very original favors though.