“great college burger joint”

Wells Brothers Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 804 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Park Ridge, IL
“great college burger joint”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were in town for my son to visit the university, and asked for a place the students would go. It was super crowded (which always bodes well for the food). The servers were friendly and informative. The burgers (including the lipsmacker peanut and jelly burger and the california burger) were as good as advertized, and the wings were excellent. They featured a good variety of beer. It was super casual, just what we were looking for.

• Visited February 2013

Pensacola, Florida
“Not as good as expected...”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

After the rave reviews for the best burger in town, my husband and I wanted to check out Monk's. Unfortunately we were underwhelmed! The waitress was very helpful and offered her suggestions including what I ordered, the Ad Burger with black beans, fried egg, Cajun mayo, lettuce and tomato. We ordered our burgers Medium, but the meat was VERY rare and cold. The buttered Texas Toast was a nice touch, however my bread was soggy from the juice from my fruit salad side dish. (A cup for the fruit would solve that problem.) The sweet potato fries were cold, otherwise they would have been good. All in all, the service was fine, the burger meat tasty, but I would definitely say this was not my favorite burger in town!

Ocala, Florida
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My daughter and I ate here during move in at FSU. Burgers are great, portions are large! sweet potato fries were best I have ever eaten. The waiter recommended the Lip smacker. This is for the adventurous...it is a burger with bacon, peanut butter & jelly! Sounds gross but my dtr tried it...I sneaked a bite and it was very good. She loved it and has since visited in jan 2013 and ordered again. A Tallahassee favorite!

• Visited August 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Delicious burgers”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is one of the few truly good restaurants in Tallahassee. Their burgers are fresh made from high quality beef and served with delicious complements to form unique and delicious burgers. Their meat is actually good on its own accord; which is so rare in today's fast food world, and requires no mask to make it tolerable. I adore the ad burger yet anxiously await my next visit so I can try some more of their best in city burgers.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank LiveLifeAbroad
“How sweet the heat is... Excellent food is served here!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely some of the best wings in Tallahassee. The burger was completely awesome too! Kyra was absolutely the best server also. Anyway the experience was excellent the food was excellent the sweet heat was the was the best.. And the cooks do an excellent job. Thanks Mike

1 Thank Limomike