“Big City Small Town”

Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 804 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Avenue Eat & Drink features a Southern Fusion menu with influences from FL, SC, LA and GA. Our Goal is to source 70% of our product locally and achieve a product that is 50% organic and green. We have a wide variety of appetizers, salads and entrees, an extensive wine and specialty martini list. We are open Monday-Sunday for lunch and dinner. Open Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Big City Small Town”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I am a big city type of person stuck in a small town. Finally, there is a restaurant I can go to and experience food and service as if the people working there actually care about what they are doing. The bartenders couldn't have been nicer. The server could not have been more attentive and knowledgable. The chef obviously takes pride in his cooking as every detail, flavor and season was to perfection. He even brought us samples of things he was working on in the kitchen to improve upon an already amazing menu. Even the owner stopped by the table to see how our night was going. Not since I lived in Los Angeles have I experienced a restaurant that made me think I was back in a big city. And don't even get me started on the food. I'll let you go and experience that for yourself. Let me just say this.....try everything. It's worth it.

1 Thank MJJ5809

Atlantic Beach, Fla
“Great experience, highly recommend”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My experience was the wait staff was highly educated and adept at their tasks. I was immediately acknowledged when I walked in as single business traveler. Although I arrived later in the evening on a slow night, the staff did not stand around and chat with one another. This is contrary to a more typical experience when I, as a single dinner, come in later in the evening.
Carl waited on me. HIs attention to detail (he anticipated my needs without being intrusive) was impressive. Carl gave great credit to the cook staff even before I ordered.
The meal was excellent. The recommended grouper was fresh and cooked to perfection. The kitchen staff was as good as I had heard. The setting and atmosphere were excellent.
In short, highly recommended.

2 Thank Ontheroadagiain
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
“Wonderful find in Tally”
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Avenue in Tallahassee was a great find. The bartenders are knowledgeable and friendly, very nice atmosphere, strong wine selections, and the food......

I ordered the spinach hummus appetizer and found it quite tasty, and the pita bread was fresh as could be.

The bartender recommended the beef short rib, and when it came out, I thought the portion might be a bit small. Wrong! The beef forked apart, the gravy was rich and as delicious as the beef, and the mashed potatoes done perfectly. I finished the plate, but was so full I passed on the desert.

In short, I'd recommend this restaurant to everyone!

2 Thank Eldonardo
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant suprise in Tally! Food, service, atmosphere were all great”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stumbled across this quaint restaurant downtown. The waitress was super friendly and knowledgeable. We had the phenomenal ribs (possibly the best I have ever had) and seafood. We got it all at great prices and in a relaxing atmosphere. We went after the game and it was the perfect place to celebrate and decompress. We will go back each time we are in town to see the Noles or on business.

1 Thank StPeteNoleFan
Tallahassee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy and up beat in the heart of Tallahassee”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

If you're looking for a restaurant with a great atmosphere, delicious food, and friendly service Avenue Eat and Drink is the place to go. The servers do not rush to get you out of the restaurant so you may take your time and enjoy your food and wine. The wine list is very extensive and the bar is fully stocked along with a creative martini list. I ordered the pepper flecked gulf shrimp to start and they were great. I would definitely order them again. They are cooked with hot sauce but are not too spicy. Next the Brown paper Wahoo was cooked just right with great spices. Also my friend ordered the short ribs and they were delicious as well. Tender and flavorful. For dessert the peanut butter pie and key lime cake were to die for. Everything is bought fresh weekly, they try not to freeze anything if they can help it which is refreshing to know because most places do not do this. The water was filtered and did not taste like city water for being in the center of Tallahassee. Our server was great, he knew about the menus. Both food and drinks and could answer any of our questions. He also recommended many things to us before we ordered. If is nice to have courteous and knowledgeable people adding to all of the other great things about this restaurant. I would recommend this place to anyone and I look forward to going back multiple times for lunch and dinner.

1 Thank chicita00