“BEST IN TALLAHASSE”
Review of Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant - CLOSED

Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Avenue Eat & Drink features a Southern Fusion menu with influences from FL, SC, LA and GA. Our Goal is to source 70% of our product locally and achieve a product that is 50% organic and green. We have a wide variety of appetizers, salads and entrees, an extensive wine and specialty martini list. We are open Monday-Sunday for lunch and dinner. Open Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
Reviewed August 18, 2015

I had Lunch at Avenue and it was amazing, I had the BLT sandwich with the homemade chips, which are delicious! I do wish that they would bring back the seared tuna sandwich though, it was my favorite.

1  Thank Michelle T

Reviewed August 18, 2015

The Avenue was recommended to us & it did not disappoint. The Deviled Egg with Lump Crap & Trout Caviar appetizer was absolutely delish

1  Thank Shechicken
Reviewed August 16, 2015

The food was excellent. However the waiter told me that while as much as possible of the produce was purchased from local growers it was not necessarily organic as advertised on the website. Prices were quite a bit more than stated on website. I was told that I could swap pasta for cheese grits on the dinner I ordered as I am gluten sensitive, at no extra charge. However I was charged $6 extra for the swap. Due to pricing and general miss-representation on the website, I probably will not go back.

2  Thank 398sam
Reviewed August 16, 2015

The Avenue is a place that requires a paired exploration of wine with entrée. The first time I visited this restaurant I had a young man named Carlos provide a delightful epicurean experience! He paired a wine with every aspect of the meal, and even offered other wines to try between meals. This was a wonderful treat, and a testament that a restaurant is as good as its staff!

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank Vicenta S
Reviewed August 15, 2015

Located right next to the Doubletree, we popped in for a midday snack and drink at the bar. The bar staff was excellent and mixed drinks to our preference. The appetizers we shared were well prepared. Wish we had the opportunity to go back for dinner. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ogerkan