“Will not return; manager rude”

Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 823 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Avenue Eat & Drink features a Southern Fusion menu with influences from FL, SC, LA and GA. Our Goal is to source 70% of our product locally and achieve a product that is 50% organic and green. We have a wide variety of appetizers, salads and entrees, an extensive wine and specialty martini list. We are open Monday-Sunday for lunch and dinner. Open Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A first-class restaurant prides itself in not only serving quality food, but also in providing excellent customer service. My spouse and I went to Avenue Eat & Drink not long ago and our experience made us decide never to come back here again. The food was average, the waiters were somewhat attentive, but the manager was rude and prejudiced (to say the least). Other patrons got their food first before we did, although we had arrived there much earlier and placed our order not too long after we got seated. The manager also went around to greet all customers at their tables, except for us. He did this twice and purposely avoided our table. I thought Tallahassee was better than this, but I am afraid some people will never change. We are never coming back to this restaurant ever again.

4  Thank A T

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We loved this place and ate and drank there several times during our stay. The service was terrific, the staff very helpful and friendly, and the wine list was amazing. The food was excellent and modestly priced, granted quality.

1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We are dyed-in-the-wool Seminole fans. We were up for the Duke game (good guys won 48-7) and came early on the Friday. "Avenue" was recommended to us by the wonderful staff at the Aloft Hotel. Good recommendation! Classy service without that sickening fawning. Great menu. Interesting selections - such as the lamb porterhouse (delicious!). Great bar - they even have a variety of GIN martinis - how's that for old-fashioned good times? Great bar/bistro atmosphere. This HAS to be one of Tallahassee's very best spots.

2  Thank DocSkier
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I have been here for over a year so we love to try new places on our occasional date night! We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service at Avenue! The bread was really good although it cost $4. I liked my porkchop but didn't care for the sides which were sweet mashed potatoes and black beans, they brought me a different type of potato which was much better. My husband said by far best steak in tally but comes with a $43 price tag! The Riesling was awesome and we skipped salads and dessert. We will surely return when we are ready to shell out over $100 for dinner again!

2  Thank Letsrolltimes5
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We happened upon this place as it was within walking distance from our hotel - so stopped in for a beer and quick bite. Food was exceptional! Reasonably priced too -- staff was great, we sat at the bar and were well taken care of.

1  Thank shoresresort