“Great Tapas”

Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 809 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Avenue Eat & Drink features a Southern Fusion menu with influences from FL, SC, LA and GA. Our Goal is to source 70% of our product locally and achieve a product that is 50% organic and green. We have a wide variety of appetizers, salads and entrees, an extensive wine and specialty martini list. We are open Monday-Sunday for lunch and dinner. Open Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
San Fra
“Great Tapas”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I had several tapas plates and found the flavors and presentation to be excellent! Very nice place for dinner.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank mrgonza

South Florida
“The Class of Tallahassee”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have been visiting Tallahassee for years but just have not been able to find the comfort in a restaurant (that wasn't a chain), that I have found in Avenue Eat and Grill, I am a regular with every visit now. Whether it is a quiet night with my wife over a glass of wine from a GREAT selection and some incredible apps or a full blown party with the family, Avenue provides it all. I love the place! Great food that crosses cultural bounds of New York City steak house or great Southern cuisine that I grew up on. I have yet to be even slightly disappointed. You must try the burrata and heirloom tomatoes. Ridiculous.

3 Thank MSchue23
Tampa, Florida
“How much can one person talk”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family and I came to Tallahassee for my sons graduation. We were staying at the double tree and saw the restaurant next door, and took a look at the menu. We decided it looked to fit the occasion of the celebration of the accomplishment of graduating college, so we went ahead and made a reservation for the evening. Going into the restaurant we were greeted by a very friendly man. He seemed genuinely excited that we were there. You would think that we were the first people to come in for weeks he was so excited. Unfortunately being happy with the people we came in contact with ended there. Our server came over fairly quickly, but not as quickly as his mouth moved. This guy did not shut up from the moment he got to the table. And it wasnt that he was just talking about the food. He would not stop talking about himself. About how he knows more about wine than 90 percent of experts, and how he has his own business. Our food would have been there in half the time if he omitted the tedious details about himself that I really could care less about. As for the food. It was ok to disappointing. I had the wahoo which was pretty much fish in a bag with the bag probably having more flavor. My wife had the fish special which was salmon that was good, nothing spectacular. My son got the filet, it tasted like a filet, if its a good piece of filet you'd have to be a complete idiot to screw that up. The last bit that was the icing on the cake was that we were seated near the kitchen door, and every time that door flew open you just heard people screaming terrible things that I will not dare write on here. The worst part was that what appears to be the owner/manager was doing most of the yelling. Ripping into someone for what you would think was killing his mother. I have to say when I saw him come out I understood why he was so angry. He looked like the leprechaun from hell. My overall opinion is maybe in Tallahassee its good, but in Tampa it wouldnt last 6 months.

• Visited May 2011
7 Thank fishingout
Toronto
“Great food and a warm friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

A lunch recommendation to this restaurant was accepted and we are glad we did. The food was plentiful; the wait staff went out of their way to be warm and accommodating. We had the spicy shrimp appetizer (shared), chicken pot pie and an ahi tuni salad. All were flawless. Service was slow, but they sensed we were not in a rush. Easy parking in the area, but pay the meters, as the meter maids were everywhere.

2 Thank Lawrence2300
Tallahassee, Florida
“Watch Out for The Olives in Those Martinis”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

What a find! Great drinks! Excellent service. Lambtini's are to die for. Flank Steak good. Fried Quail is excellent, but not much meat, as to be expected. Chocolate pecan pie is chocolate covered pecans on a crust....I'm in heaven!!! Sure hope this place hangs around.

2 Thank Crewsweeper