“Slid downhill”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We first began habituating Siam Sushi a couple of years ago when they were new and fresh. Jackie, the hostess/waitress made all the difference in the world. She genuinely cared about satisfying her customers and this was very evident. Jackie knew the different tastes and likes of her customers, right down to the their choice of saki. You could just ask Jackie to order for you and she would always deliver an unforgettable chef's special. For some reason Jackie left and Siam Sushi lost its soul. Seems as if the service, ambiance and good food left with her. We switched our weekly sushi dinner to Sakura, a few blocks up Monroe. While we miss Jackie, Sakura makes an excellent replacement for what Siam Sushi used to be. Jackie, please come back to Siami Sushi and so will we.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm not a sushi eater, and not big on Asian cuisine. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed Siam Sushi. The aromas wafting from the restaurant as we walked up were delectable. They offered Japanese fare, sushi and Thai food. I chose Thai, and my mouth still sings at the thought of the delicately balanced flavors. It is a wonderful place to dine and visit with family and friends.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

If you have had "Tom Kha soup" before, think again, I don't know what is done to such a simple recipe to make it so desirable, but this is the best version I have had in my life! The sushi is always wonderful here, freshness, variety and presentation is top notch. They surpass all others with the opportunity to have any sushi roll, deep fried! The curry dishes and pad Thai are also a mastered renditions. Siam sushi is literally a hidden gem, smushed between Publix and a liquor store, it looks like every other Asian cuisine in a strip mall, no other is so far from the truth. Not only is it an optical illusion, as it looks small but once inside, you discover it has ample seating with a modern and classy motif, as well the menu is extensive without mention of all the frequent specials. Further, if you consider the abundance of flavors one can experience from each dish, my statement stands firm. Wonderful mastery of Asian cuisine at low cost.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This restaurant has mediocre Thai food and horrible, unattentive service. Server generally ignored us, was indignant when we asked for items that had been ordered a long time before, and served hot tea after it had cooled on counter for five minutes while she flirted with a take out customer at the front door. No point in going here to be abused by service staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I went in with plans for a nice vegan Asian meal. I waited over 10 minutes to be waited on, at which point, I told the waitress it was my first time there and that I'm a vegan and asked for her recommendations. I ordered green tea, soup and a veg curry. The green tea never came (I had to ask for it again) and the soup came out full of chicken and uncooked noodles (mind you, I haven't eaten an animal in 20+ years). Needless to say, I was furious. The staff was unapologetic and slow. Not once did my actual waitress wait on me (new staff members came out to serve food the whole night). As if it couldn't get any worse, when the curry came, I actually found long black hair in it (!).