“Don't pass it by”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
“Don't pass it by”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Tucked away in a shopping center, this is a great spot for some creative adaptations and traditional sushi offerings. I shocked an Atlanta-based sushi snob with a visit to Siam Sushi and it now ranks as one of that person's favorites anywhere. Nice service and a great selection of beverages and other Asian dishes. But I haven't strayed from my favorites -- the sushi.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank thestogs

San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Thai Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were taken here by friends on our visit in Tallahassee and it was a great place, with reasonable prices and excellent service. The soups we had were wonderful, the Thai green curry excellent. My wife gets Pad Thai Noodles at EVERY Thai restaurant we've ever been to, in big cities and small places, and she said those here were among the best she's had.

• Visited July 2012
“Best Thai in Tally”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had lunch at Siam Sushi with a friend and while I went expecting to order sushi the smells from the kitchen led me to order classic Thai from the menu. I started with a bowl of Tm Yum, a spicy soup with chilis, lemongrass, lime and coconut milk. I had a choice of adding shrimp or chicken and opted for the shrimp. The staggeringly good broth was complemented by a few shaved vegetables, some fresh cilantro and five perfectly cooked shrimp all for four dollars!

My entrée was Thai red curry and I asked for it "hot". It was amazing! Tender cubes of moist chicken with shaved vegetables, chili and fresh basil all sitting in a coconut curry sauce I could drink by the glass! Delicious! My lunch partner had Pad Thai and she said it was also delightful. We will return very soon!

• Visited June 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Nothing Special - Safe with Southern Friends”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Ten years ago every strip center in America had a Chineese Take-Out. Now they all have Sushi/Thai places. This is on the high side of those and looks pretty but it is not either a traditional or a fine dining experience. The sushi is all pre-cut. The Thai food is better than some but tastes like canned curry. Don't get me wrong. I like canned Thai curries but was looking for more.

The place looks pretty. The plates looked good. The taste was a better than average lunch out. To be honest that was all a pleasant surprise.

The 3 stars are by Tallahassee standards. In a major metro this would be a 2.

Nothing authentic or remarkable about the place. A little pricey.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ClearDayFlorida
Tallahassee, Florida
“Don't Let the Name Put You Off”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Dinner was so remarkable that I went back for lunch with a colleague the next week. The crispy duck--medium spiciness--followed a veggie spring roll entrée. Both were more than agreeable, as was the service. For lunch it was a shrimp salad, generous and attractively presented. Since I don't normally care for Asian-themed restaurants I was surprised pleasantly by this one.

• Visited May 2012