“Don't go when they have special groups in”
Review of Lofty Pursuits

Lofty Pursuits
Ranked #2 of 28 Dessert in Tallahassee
Good for: Families with children
Description: A classic american soda fountain brought to high cuisine that serves a locally sourced breakfast 7 days per week from 7am to 11am. 40 flavors of ice cream, and 52 of sundaes (one for every sundae of the year), shakes, and ice cream sodas on the menu. Our menu is a history of the American soda fountain.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't go when they have special groups in”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Took the kids to Lofty Pursuits because I had a 20% off coupon from one of my children doing well in school. When I ordered and paid I remembered the coupon and said something about it and the response was a wave of the hand and "You'll have to use it next time". I've been before to this location and I was not all that impressed by their prices (the only Lofty thing I found either time) or by their mode of service (there's no real line to stand in to get served, kinda like a busy bar). The employees are semi-friendly but the big complaint I have is where they have special groups come in to set up the tables and have their little gathering in the place. The first problem is that there are chairs and tables right by where you order so when ordering you have your posterior inches from people's heads (yuck). When the special Sunday group came in they started moving these tables around and blocking us from the counter and even had the audacity to "excuse them" when they are obviously not ordering anything. Lofty Pursuits should have another way of handling this but I won't waste brain-time figuring it out for them. It upset me that I got moved around by these "regulars" who feel they own the place and you're in the way of their pleasure (kinda cliquish, ya know?). Anyway, I ordered a large ice cream for $5 and got 3 skimpy scoops of ice cream in their "large" dish (which isn't that large). I'm not impressed with the $23 bill I had and I won't be back on principle. I feel it's a total waste of money and I'd rather go to a Baskin-Robbins or even a fast-food drive-thru for a frozen treat.

• Visited June 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good Ice Cream, Fun Place”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This busy ice cream spot is fun for the whole family. There is a nice variety of flavors and toppings in several different sizes. Included in this large store are toys, games, cards, etc. Kids have a wonderful time trying out the various toys. There is also a nice selection of games and puzzles for adults. This is definitely the go to place with kids.

Visited April 2013
Tallahassee, FL
“I dare you not to smile!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place is just too much fun. Creative and old-time ice creams and you can watch them make their candy delights. Great things to shop for - from unusual puzzles, super toys and one-of-a-kind puppets to games you can't find anywhere else. I'd go just for the happy atmosphere, but all the other stuff too? Wonderful!

Visited March 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“A walk back in time to a small town type of ice cream and candy shop”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This little gem is a combination of an old timey ice cream parlor with utterly delectable sundaes, shakes, malts, and lots of other "cool" concoctions; a candy shop where you can watch the master candy maker and his apprentices make tasty candy canes, lollipops, and other unique candy creations (such as a gigantic candy cane for an elephant and large lollipop-centered clocks in the last month) in an Australian candy making style; and a toy store with really neat gadgets, toys, and board games to name just a few of the things they offer. You can see them demonstrating basic to advanced yo-yo moves in the store too. This locally owned treasure makes you feel like you're in Mayberry. My kids, my wife, and I love it.

2 Thank Tallywowie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Go!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The atmosphere, service, and ice cream was absolutely awesome! You must go and experience it for yourself!