“Somebody used to work at KFC”

Kacey's Home Cooking Buffet
Ranked #92 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stop in here every couple of weeks. The food is great, the selection is decent and the staff are friendly and helpful. I also think it's a great value for the price. One thing is for sure, if you are a fan of KFC, you'll love it, it's a close as it gets in the way of chicken and sides. Dessert bar has something for everyone too.

There are newer reviews for Kacey's Home Cooking Buffet

Reviewed March 27, 2013

ME and my friends visited this place for the first time today, and one of my friends found hair in her food and when we showed it too the cashier she tried too say it was ours. but all of us hve blk hair and this was brown hair. I asked her if she was gonna give us something off of the ticket? she said hell no.it was four of us and the ticket was 30.00.I was paying the ticket and one of the waitress started with my friend, teling her too call the f'n health department and they would pass.i just shook my head and walked out. poor service and nasty attitudes.never going bck their.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Located conveniently on Monroe Rd in Tallahassee it's not hard to see the big sign out front. Kacey's has a very relaxed down-home feel to it. You go in, get seated, and get to eating quickly. The buffet is a flat price of $7.50 per person and this includes a free tea with refills. The bar is stocked nicely with salad bar, entree and side bars, and a dessert bar. I'm quite particular about salad bars and Kacey's has a good one. Not overly filled with nonsensical items but just enough to create a great garden salad. I went once with the family and then took a few guys out for lunch and the staff is friendly and courteous, the restaurant is clean and the atmosphere is great. Great for a family outing for finicky eaters or a quick, inexpensive lunch. You already know how much it will cost and no hidden fees! Great job!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food that I had while in this restaurant was pretty good. But when I went back for seconds I realized they don't have as much of a variety as I would like. I'm the kind of person who loves going back for second and third shares but after the first plate you will probably be eating some of the same thing as the first place. But the food is good other than that. I have gone plenty of times and for the price it is great. Especially since you are able to get sweet tea with your meal. I ave been back plenty of times and will be recommending it.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Kacey’s is a buffet, all-you-can- eat style southern cooking restaurant. For $7.50 per person including sweet tea and tax, one can sample a variety of southern cooking from fried chicken, collard green to fried green tomatoes. We have dined there numerous times in the past 7 months. The food and service were consistently good.

We are, however, a little disappointment with the menu arrangements. It reminds me of the Andy Griffith Show where Barney Fife knows what is being served at the local dinner on a particular day of the week. The menu has a constant weekly rotation. Although the menu changes every day of the week, it is pretty much the same for each particular day. So weekend visitors do not have the opportunity to sample weekday menu.

Bottom line, Kasey’s southern style buffet restaurant, offers good variety of delicious southern cooking at good value. Located close to interstate 10, it is a good opportunity for passer by tourist to sample southern cooking at a very affordable price. Just make sure to check their website for daily menus and operation hours. Dinner ends earlier than normal.

1  Thank SlowAdvanture