“Not good at all - don't understand the hype!”
Review of Wharf Express - CLOSED

Wharf Express
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Everything we ordered on our table of 8 people was over battered over breaded. I can't believe the hype, I read reviews online and we all totally regretted our decision. It lacks the fresh seafood quality completely. The fries tasted like frozen bagged kind. Waste of my money, save yours!

1  Thank Honesty A

Reviewed February 10, 2012

After writing about a disappointing experience at the Kerry Forest Wharf Express, I was contacted by the owner of the Wharf Express on Magnolia Drive. He apologized for my experience at the Kerry Forest location (even though he doesn't manage it) and invited me to try his restaurant. The Magnolia location is cozy and nicely decorated. We arrived at lunch at were met by friendly staff at the counter. I ordered fried shrimp with fries and cheese grits; my wife ordered catfish fillets with fries and slaw. Both of our meals were quickly prepared and very good. My wife commented that was the best slaw she had eaten in a while. I would definately recommend the Wharf Express on Magnolia Drive for a quality seafood meal. Please note each Wharf Express is individually managed and there was a night and day difference in the food between the Kerry Forest location and Magnolia Drive location. Thanks Joey for giving us the opportunity to try your restaurant; we will be back.

1  Thank SBDFAN
Reviewed October 23, 2011

At the recommendation of someone we had never met, we searched out The Wharf Express in St. Teresa, Florida. This is the fifth location - the other 4 are located in Tallahassee. We were told it was a good value - it is. Upon entering the front door you go to an order window and order what you want. You are given a number and your food is delivered to your table. Seafood is fresh and cooked fried, broiled or blackened. We were also informed about several specials for the day. The restaurant handles large crowds and had even been a venue for the local high school prom the night before. Seating is inside as well as outside. The day was just right to sit outside. All ages seem to enjoy eating at this location. Salad dressings are homemade. Desserts are homemade and the salads are beautiful. FYI - Beer and wine price is most reasonable and ice cold. ($2.50 for 16 ounce can of beer). This is a casual restaurant but it seems to be managed very well. When we return to this area we will definitely eat at this location again. It was very surprising that as remote as this area seemed to us that there were as many people eating at the restaurant.

1  Thank skylady158
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was passing through on our way back to Phoenix, AZ and I heard about this place. I highly recommend it to all!!

1  Thank HelipadAZ
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great seafood..

3  Thank Limomike