“Hair-filled Food!?! Eat Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Kiku

Kiku
Ranked #157 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tallahassee, Florida
“Hair-filled Food!?! Eat Here!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Kiku suffers at the hands of its owner and general manager, Michael Wang. My brother and I ate here today and there was a long hair in my hibachi chicken meal. I discreetly let the server know of this issue and she took the plate back. About 30 mintues later I received my new meal, seemingly "hair free". When I received my bill, I noticed that I was charged the full price for my hibachi chicken. I asked to speak to the manager and he told me, "Things like this happen here all the time." How disgusting for the manager to admit that they have poor hygiene practices. Also, he refused to comp my meal and instead offered me a $7.50 gift certificate, 25% of my overall purchase for this meal. He was very rude and argumentative over a self-admitted reoccuring problem. If you want quality Japanese food in Tallahassee please try Osaka or Jasmine Cafe. They treat their customers with the respect and dignity they deserve. I've also never received a hairy dish from them.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank Lowe M

Tallahassee, Florida
“Never a Bady Anything There”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Kiku’s Japanese Fusion in Tallahassee is my recurrent favorite I take people that I care about there for really good Asian food and a dark, cool laid-back atmosphere. I usually go for the buy one get one free sushi roll special ( this includes some individual pieces too ) and I usually nibble off my table mates dishes as well, which are all hot, plentiful and tasty. I’ve never once had anything bad there. The servers are cheerful and informed and they always know the specials and I’ve not have one be even one bit rude. The fancy restroom is well designed and clean. I cannot speak to the drinks so much because I usually only get water but I did recently notice that they have Lousianne Tea which is a sign that it must be good. The service is very good, and the food is always fantastic and the bill is always reasonable at Kiku’s.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Tallahasseean
Jacksonville, Florida
“Favorite sushi place in Tallahassee - unless they keep the radio playing”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We LOVE sushi and it was very hard moving to Tallahassee and away from our favorite sushi place in Gainesville but we found Kiku and come here once a month. They have a great buy one roll get a roll free deal which is pretty awesome (altho - the free rolls are the basic spicy tuna, california, etc. - nothing fancy). We've never had a bad meal here altho we usually only stick to sushi. I do have two complaints: first - only beer and wine is served here, they don't have their liquor license - and occasionally I crave a cocktail - oh well. Next, lately they started playing the radio really loud in the restaurant which I just cannot understand. I hope the owners read this review because it almost ruins the restaurant for me. We just went to Kiku for my birthday two weeks ago and here we are, in a nice sushi restaurant - dimly lit, expectation of quiet - yet we had Pink and Kelly Clarkson blasting in our ears. We had just returned from Paris and were experiencing culture shock - and this just further worsened it because no restaurant over there would dream of having that kind of music playing (unless it went w/ the restaurant - this certainly does NOT add to the atmosphere).

• Visited May 2011