“For me, it's a nice little lunch spot”
Review of Tan's Asian Cafe

Tan's Asian Cafe
Ranked #162 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 26, 2012

It's close to my work, so I've trotted on down twice in the past year. It's small, and the last time I went it took a little while to get our food. The waiter seemed a bit flustered, but it's a small place and they seem very concerned with how the food turns out, rather than just pumping it out to you. I don't get anything too out-of-the-ordinary, so I have been pleased with everything thus far. A good price, and a nice place for a lunch but I wouldn't go out of my way and I don't find myself craving it or anything! :)

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Was visiting nearby and the place we wanted to go to was closed. So we saw Tan's and chose it. It is a very basic Thai/Chinese food place, this is NOT a luxurious restaurant, it's just very good for its category.
Their spicy Thai dishes are very spicy (good) and their helpings generous. Best of all was the pricing. Very reasonable.
Overall not a bad meal for a great price.
Would definitely return.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a tiny little spot. It is not flashy. When you walk in the door it will look like a slightly less than impressive take out place. Do not let this worry you.

Have a seat. Tell the waiter what you like. Order something authentic off the wall.
Great fresh, original options! The traditional options are all good but they are not what excites me about Tans.

I eat at Tans about 3 times a month.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is by far our favorite Asian restaurant in Tallahassee. The food is authentic ... Like what I experienced in Thailand and Hong Kong. The prices are low and the servings generous. The curry soup that one reviewer disliked is one of my favorites. I have had it many times - but I have only had something like it in the orient. The hot and sour soup is the best I've ever had. We also enjoy the Mongolian beef. Although I have had the sushi it is very simple so I normally choose one of the other dishes. The resident has things you will seldom find elsewhere - like beef tendon stew, as well as the standard fare (I.e. Kung Pow Chicken). It is small and unpretentious and not very well known - one of the best kept secrets in Tallahassee.

1  Thank thunder250
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Hate to be the negative review of this restaurant, but unfortunately we ate there on Saturday as we were heading to the garden center next door. Small place, looked more like a carry out type place. We walked to counter picked up menu and picked a table to sit at. Ordered typical Oriental fare, we love sushi but was skeptical of ordering it here...first clue? Hubby ordered a different item than myself. I tried several bites of his, he did not try mine which was a curry type soup and not very good. I left most of mine uneaten. All was well til Sunday a.m and hubby had Gastroenteritis and I was fine...the day goes on and I feel mostly OK...next morning I have it also. The only thing we ate or drank during this whole time period that was the same was the dish he orderd from this restaurant. Surprised at the reviews of this place as it def does not garnish raves like it has received if you are looking for good food. Sorry to say it will be our one and only stop there.