“Great food”
Review of Foody's - CLOSED

Foody's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This does not match any of the pictures or name we ate at a place called Jordan's Eatery at 6615 Mahan Dr. a little hole in the wall nothing fancy, but the fried chicken was fantastic. My husband and I shared a large plate, was plenty for us.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Sooo I had a southern fried steak, mac n cheese. My wife had bredded fried talapia with french fries.

I would point out I'm not so southern that any of these items seemd particularly normal. I'm more black beans, blue crab, ocra, and venison. My deep fried hamburger was, I think, typical of the region, crispy and oily. The Mac and cheese was amazing good and fries rocked. Fish was ok. Basic and tasted fine.

A fine local business run by honest locals. It's southern home cooking. The hosts are the best thing about this place.

1  Thank lllClifflll
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stopped here for dinner after checking into a nearby hotel close to the antique car museum on October 25. This restaurant is in a Publix grocery store shopping center and back from the road. Our server, forgot to get his name, was new and did a great job. My friend had the chicken livers, a huge serving and took over half back to the hotel and sides were turnip greens and coleslaw. I had fried chicken, two large pieces, broccoli salad and there specialty mac and cheese. The chicken was not cooked ahead of time and took about 15 minutes, which was not a problem. All the food was very good and I recommend a stop if you go there. They close in the afternoon before dinner. Their website showed me what the daily specials were. Wish I took photos, but forgot the camera.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have been there twice and the food is outstanding with large portions.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had the Wednesday Blue Plate Special, which included meatloaf, mac and cheese, and potato salad. Everything was good, although they said they use lowfat beef for the meatloaf, and that may be something for them to reconsider, flavor-wise. Meal was a little pricey, I thought ($24.00 for lunch for two, with no dessert, tip included), but I'm a bit of a cheapskate :-). The food did come out very quickly, and the waitress was friendly and kinda quirky (kept saying "Voila!"). Foody's is not too bad for a quick bite on the road, all in all.

1  Thank Pranashakti