“Hannah & Micki were great help”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Clean, neat, hotel, Labrador retriever friendly ( ck weight of you dog however, there is a weight limit) Hannah and Micki at the front desk could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 28, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at Candlewood in Tallahassee, Florida. We found the room in perfectly clean condition, and as this is a rather new motel, the furniture, flooring and even the towels were like brand new. It would be a great place for a longer stay, as it is equiped with a range top and full-sized refrigerator. For a one-night stay, it was more than we needed. The staff, particularly Detroit, was very courteous, polite, and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MABD_Soo_MI
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This was my first time @ a Candlewood. Loved it! I was able to eat healthy b/c of kitchenette & could go to the cupboard whenever I needed anything (2am thirsty for water). Also, I was SUPER impressed with their front desk agent, Detroit.He was SO nice, professional, helpful, & seemed to really enjoy his job. A couple of times I walked in the lobby & he greeted me by name. I noticed he did it with everyone that walked by. I don't know how he remembered all those guest's names but that is going above & beyond! I'll definitely go back to that Candlewood because of Detroit!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 31, 2010

My family and I were traveling to south Florida over the holidays and happened upon this hotel. Where to start; the rooms were very large and comfy, the hotel was fairly new (always a plus) and the service we recieved from the the front desk and General manager was incredible. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with our room, offered restaurant suggestions, mall suggestions, etc. We will definitely be back as we head home. Oh and free guest laundry and a full size kitchen - Thanks Candlewood Suites!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank angl2luvu
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over Christmas and it met my expectations completely. The receptionist was very helpful and accommodating. I loved having a complete kitchen. My room was perfectly clean and the bed very comfortable. No noise at all even though my room faced the parking lot. Although I did not use them, the laundry facilities are free if you bring your own detergent. It would have been nice to have breakfast included, but as I was aware ahead of time I brought my own breakfast food, and of course coffee was provided. I even found a toaster in the cupboard for my morning bagel. I will definitely stay here again if I return to T'see.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Don't get me wrong this is a very adequate low frills hotel.

It is pretty new but it already shows some wear and tear. Stained carpet, there was some left over garbage from the previous guest behind the couch in my room.

Also, this is an extended stay hotel, so rooms have fully equipped kitchen, so you get that ''apartment building smell'' in the hallways and room.

If you do not need a kitchen, I would avoid that hotel.

Also, if you stay more than one night, there is no daily housekeeping and you have to carry your garbage out - not really what you would expect from a typical hotel stay.

This said, the free Internet was ok, the area pretty quiet.

Next time, on a layover in Tallahassee, I would go to the La Quinta or the pretty nice Super 8 next door.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Went here based on the Trip Advisor review. It was a great idea. The staff was outstanding. They thoroughly explained all ammenities and rules. When I had questions on the internet connection, they we on it immediately. The room was clean and well maintained. Price was well withing reason for the room. Wil be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple