“Comfortable, New Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Nashville, TN
“Comfortable, New Hotel”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

The attractive queen suite was perfect for our overnight stay in Tallahassee. The Candlewood Suites would be a great place for a longer stay. The bed is Very comfortable as well as the upholstered chair in the room. The kitchen is perfect for a longer stay, especially for having breakfast or even dinner in the room. The flat panel TV has a good quality picture, and the desk and task chair are handy for doing any paperwork. The bathroom is crisp and new with great towels. The full-length mirror outside the bathroom is a nice touch. Iron and ironing board are useful for a longer stay also.

I usually like to get a complimentary breakfast at a hotel, but the rate we paid for the night was very reasonable and cheaper than many hotels that offer breakfast as part of the deal. With the money we saved, we ate at Cracker Barrel (there's one across the street). Also, don't miss Sonny's barbeque just down the road -- it's fantastic!

Everything about this hotel is fresh and new. The flooring was very nice. The linens are great. The lobby is attractive, and the business center has two good computers and a printer. The fitness room has two treadmills, a weight machine, and other machines. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there is no door between the fitness room and the laundry room; after a few guests start several machines in the laundry, it's hard to hear the TV in the fitness room.

We would definitely stay here again, and we will look for Candlewood Suites for future stays.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Ww are from argentina and came to Tallahassee without reservation. We have choosen this hotel watching a saver book of Florida. What a surprise!!! It is better than we thought,
And the clerk al the front desk was so kind with us that he help us to made the reservation for our next destiny.
We can tell you that is wonderful in all senses.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Can't believe this stay was under $90/night (incl tax, fees, etc). Great location w/ very nice upgraded room amenities & very clean. This is my new place to stay in Tallahassee.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2010

First of all, I was traveling with my daughter to show her the campus at FSU over the weekend.There happened to be a FSU game so I had to scramble to locate a hotel as everything was showing full here and on the hotel websites. So the trick is to keep calling the hotels direct especially on the cut off date hotels give for not getting charged for canceling. Rooms inevitably open and you'll want to be the first to call. So I first researched the hotels here on Tripadvisor then called the 3 best for my preferences.My first call was to Candlewood Suites and bingo the had a suite available at a great rate considering the usual "game weekend upcharge rates". When we arrived everything outside was clean. We were greeted right away at the front desk. This is an interior corridor hotel which was fine as there was close in parking. The room was very nice with finishes that even four star hotels would envy. Don't be fooled by the two star rating - This is a very nice hotel equal to Hilton garden and Marriott residence hotels I've stayed at recently. My suite had a king in the bedroom(desk & chair,plasma TV on the dresser and separate controls for the temperature) and a queen sized fold out couch, fully equipped kitchen with nice cabinets and granite counters. The good sized bathroom also was nicely appointed with granite tops as well.My only negative was I requested extra pillows at check-in and they never made it to the room. Suffice it to say I was more then impressed with this great find of a hotel and will certainly stay there when ever I travel to Tallahassee.

• Stayed November 2010
3 Thank fldave
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Leslie and all the staff at this suites hotel make it worth the stay. My only issues have been with intermittent availability of wi-fi. Other than that, save yourself the trouble of trying other spots in Tallahassee. From rooms to amenities to convenient location, this is the reasonable place to rest your bones in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Great new hotel, with excellent staff and amenities, it made the weekend away from home great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I researched hotels in the Tallahassee area for over 4 hours and all the reviews were so discouraging. Candlewood Suites is brand new and does not have many reviews so I was unsure if I should choose it. However, I was looking for some place where we could relax as well as sleep and a 1 bedroom suite has a seperate living and kitchen area. I was so glad that I decided on Candlewood! First, it is located right off the exit but is within 5 miles to everything in the area (malls, good restaurants, the Capital/downtown area). The room looks exactly like the pictures on their website - even the appliances and color of furniture. The kitchen area is outstanding. There is even a pantry! The bed was very comfortable and they offer you a choice of down or fiber pillows!! The bathroom was nicely done and the towels were thick and so soft. I was worried about not having a continental breakfast available, but they have an area that is accessible 24/7 where you can buy food, snacks, and drinks at VERY reasonable prices. So thankful and pleased with that. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, especially Charles. I requested a later checkout and the staff was very accomodating to our needs. There is complimentary coffee, USA Today paper, internet, laundry, and parking. I had no trouble using the computer/internet during our stay. It is also one of the most affordable hotels in the area. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business