“Great Experience”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Was traveling with my two daughters to Pensacola for the holidays, stayed going and coming. Rooms were clean, front desk were great, they made sure I had a crib in the room for my 11 month old. I would stay here again for sure!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Tallahassee

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I would not recommend staying here. We were here for several days and received no room service! They charge extra fees if you want your room cleaned, but they don't tell you that upon booking or check-in. The first night we stayed I noticed hair on the towels. There was a disturbing clanking noise coming from our bathroom which prevented my husband, little girl and I from sleeping well. This was my first and last stay at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Darlenelwilliams
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Darlenelwilliams,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We only needed one night, and it was excellent. We opted for the queen size bed to save a quick $20, so the comfy recliner in the room was a wonderful surprise on top of the very reasonable room rate we were given upon check-in. The room overall was nicely designed and felt very spacious considering it had a full kitchen (that we really didn't need, but inspected thoroughly and found nicely supplied). The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful both upon arrival and leaving, which is when we returned the DVD they let us check-out from the Complimentary DVD / Game Library. Yep, Excellent Value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over a busy football weekend. The front desk staff was friendly each time we talked to them. Our room was clean and seemed to be nicely updated, but had a bit of a musty smell when you came in (as well as two of our friend's rooms on the same floor).
The towels were replaced for us the next day and the bed made when we returned. No rollaway beds at this hotel, but they have air mattresses. Unfortunately, ours had a leak so my daughter was on the floor within an hour.
Good location to I-10 and area restaurants. I'd prefer a Hampton Inn or Courtyard for the next stay, but ended up here because it was hard to find a motel on an FSU football weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear OnTheGoFLFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate your compliments on our hotel staff. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the quality of the room accommodations you received. We will certainly discuss your comments with the appropriate department. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my second stay at the Candlewood Suites in August 2013. We moved our daughter back to attend FSU. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly. Recongition right away for Priority Club members, I was given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Which I really appreciated and didn't even ask for when I checked in. We take our dog, another reason I pick this property. I feel the Mangement is very good here and the location is great. All around nice hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank flydive56
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. The rooms are well stocked for the extended stay traveler. But you must be aware that there is no daily housekeeping. You have to bring your towels and sheets downstairs for new ones if you want them more than once a week. However, the room appeared clean, was quiet, and fairly modern. There is no breakfast provided, but there are free washing machines, DVD rentals, and other amenities that were convenient like daily dry cleaning available. Not a bad choice for Tallahassee.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KAF32082
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Although we only stayed one night, this suite was modern, well appointed and very quiet. The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. The WIFI was strong, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. The hotel was close to the Interstate 10 and an easy n ramp for our continued travels. Candewood Suites are on our list of places to stay when we are on the road

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple