“clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
starkville
“clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Disney World. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was really friendly. We had our dogs with us and they were welcomed as well, but you would not even know that dogs were allowed. A great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Westford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Well I just wanted to compliment you and your staff on a well run establishment. My husband and I stayed at the Tallahassee FL location and had a great stay. Your staff was always friendly and very helpful even looking up the location and street address of the nearest Gold's gym (which was free to your guests..an awesome amenity!)

I just wanted to stress that I would rate your hotel a 10 on cleanliness, friendliness, location and overall satisfaction!

I hope to stay here again soon when we travel from Massachusetts to visit our daughter who lives and works in Tallahassee.

Thanks again
Janice Ryan
Westford MA

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice R
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Needed a place to stop for the night that was dog friendly and would accept a 70 lb Lab. Loved it. The suite design was well thought out and will provide a very comfortable longer stay. Very nice full kitchen set up, bathroom, small office area and sleeping quarters. I will certainly look for the Candelwood Suites chain for future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Miramar Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

What a beautiful property! My family and I stayed for an entire weekend and the staff made us feel like family. The Cupboard was perfect for a late night snack and we were so pleased with the full kitchen in the room. It's perfect for a one or two night stay, or a long term stay. We will definitely be back to the hotel. Thanks to the housekeeping staff for a beautiful room that was very clean! Candlewood Suites Tallahassee is great!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room wasn't clean when we arrived - there was food in the microwave and hair on the tub. Hot water was only momentary. Pool was overtaken by locals using the hotel's barbecue grill and peeing on the side of the building on the parking lot side in plain view in the middle of the day. I probably would never let my kid swim in it. It's tiny anyway. There were always rough looking people sitting in the lobby watching TV, all times of day and night. We smelled cigarette smoke in the hallways even though there is a sign at the front desk saying it's a smoke free facility. The people above us were partying all night, we could hear them yelling, dropping hard objects on the floor and rolling something back and forth across the floor. There is no restaurant in the hotel, and not even a continental breakfast. For what we paid we should have gone to the Red Roof Inn across the street next to Cracker Barrel. I'd stick to business trips for this place.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for this price.
2 Thank ParentTripper
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear ParentTripper,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Kindly be assured that all your comments is being reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When we arrived, the front desk clerk was attentive and checked us in. Later, when we needed an extra blanket, because we had 5 in our group with no way to sleep 5, even though they allow you to book with 5..., she was on the phone with another staff member talking about some worthless work related gossip instead of putting this coworker on hold to help me. Everything was clean, and they did allow our pet for just $25 more per night, so all-in-all, I was happy. We stayed one night each way on a trip from the Houston area to the Florida Keys. Other encounters with staff were very good, so I'll just chalk that up to an anomaly. The place has a pool, but it is not heated and not very well maintained in the off months.

1 Thank Glimfeather
Winter Garden, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

As they say - first impression is lasting! During our first stay at this hotel in September 2012, I was really impressed because of the front-desk person's very pleasant, very courteous and focused demeanor. This was the reason why we decided to stay in at this hotel again this February.

Well, the expectation was sort off shattered. We did not get the same reception, not a discourteous one though, from the front-desk clerk but it was a very bland, matter-of-fact reception. I also had to get her attention because she was chatting with another hotel staff. (This experience made me ask for Detroit, the front desk person who greeted us during our very first visit to the hotel.) I guess first impression makes all the difference in your subsequent outlook on your hotel stay.

The room was clean, but not as fresh-smelling as I remember from our first stay. The room also seemed smaller and the dishes were not complete. The beds looked the same. I am guessing we were placed at an older wing of the hotel this time, as opposed to where we had our room last September, which was probably the newer wing.

By and large, it was still a pleasant stay but not as pleasant as when Detroit was there to greet us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank L0la3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear L0la3,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us again. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the front desk staff. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Tallahassee you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.