“Pleasant surprise for a last minute hotel.”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We made the mistake of planning to spend the night in Tallahassee on the night of a FSU football game. All of our usual hotels were booked so we happened upon this hotel and we are really glad we did. The rooms are new and are very well appointed. The kitchen has everything you would need for a weeklong stay or more. The hotel seems new as everything was in really good condition. They are also very pet friendly which is a big plus for us. We would definitely stay here again when passing through Tallahassee!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2012

It was a last minute decision for me and my daughter to visit my granddaughter/her niece at FSU, before we finally head back to Jacksonville. I quickly browsed through my teeny weeny Blackberry for a pet-friendly hotel, because we had our dog with us, and found two familiar hotels. The closest from where we were driving was this hotel. Am I glad that we decided on this one!

The front-desk clerk was warm and absolutely welcoming. He provided me a member's discount for a 1-night stay, even though I did not have my member's card with me and somehow transposed my member number. The pet fee was absolutely reasonable unlike other hotels that charge an outrageous $100!

When we walked into the room, we had a swift of fresh, clean air. The kitchenette had a full refrigerator and all the necessities to make a long-term stay comfortable. The lazy boy provides comfort for a tired back and achy feet. The bathroom, like the rest of the room, is clean (I didn't have to use my Lysol), and well-stacked with towels. The comforters and bed linens were fresh and crisp, and the mattresses provide a restful sleep. There's nothing negative I could find about the room. Even the outlets (I use a CPAP machine) was easy to reach.

The location is close to FSU, other universities, and to numerous restaurants, being just off Monroe Street. There's a pet-friendly restaurant just a block away.

The only negative I could say was the attitude of the morning front desk person. She was probably having a bad morning (and reeked of smoke). Nonetheless, I would still go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank L0la3
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Loved this place for a stay during a recent fsu weekend. prices were quite decent and the room is very nice with a nice fridge and kitchen area. The best part is the pet friendly policy, it was only a $25 dollar fee and was very welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gfsu
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Found this hotel online, best prices for this class of hotel in the area.

Studio suite rooms, full kitchen. Nice TVs, new modern furniture and fixtures. Everything was clean and well maintained, staff was very friendly and helpful.

Only downside was no breakfast in the morning, but you can't have it all. We'll be back for sure next time we're working in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Canesfan16
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The room was OK as far as hotel rooms go - and we would have been happy enough with it - NO INTERNET! Front desk could have cared less - gave us the phone number for "Dave" the IT guy to see if we could get him to fix the problem. Yeah, right. And this is what I pay for, right?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ilze E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Ilze E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the internet connection. I understand the discomfort this caused you not being able to stay connected to your loved ones and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had a good stay in Tallahassee recently for almost 14 days (split up in two stay with a trip out to in between). Good value for Tallahassee (had to stay at Motel 8 across the street for the first night because Candlewood Suites was full- and it was totally crap and cost the same amount as Candlewood Suites without the amenities). Full size dishwasher. Kitchen was great. Beds and everything else like laundromat, in hotel gym, in hotel market, and office were great! Awesome staff out there too! Detroit is our favorite to go to guy!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Megan311o
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Candlewood Suites is the perfect place to stay, especially if you have a longer stay. It is located close enough to the interstate to be convenient, but set back enough to be quiet and safer. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Having a room with a kitchen, easy chair, big flatscreen TV with DVD, desk, and large closet, plus free laudromat downstairs, makes it easy to be there for several days. The staff is also great. I will definitely stay here every time I return to Tally.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business